Flamme Rouge» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Winning Danish Championship 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troels Panduro
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So today we played 16 guys with 2riders each on 4 tables and we played 4 stages.

With 3 stage wins and a 3rd place in the Combination classification to my Sprinter and a 2nd & 3rd stage placement to my Rouleur, I became Danish Champion 2016.
My Rouleur had Campionissimo.

Firenze - Milano

Sprinter: 1st
Rouleur: 2nd

Just cheesed my way through it with slipstream etc.. Both my guys sat in the middel of the pack all the way over the last mountain. Sat up my Rouleur to win with a play of 2 7cards and a 6card on my last 3 turns, and the others got burned by exhaustion.
I did not play for it, but my Sprinter would have none of that and took the win with a 9card on the last turn (I think slipstreaming put him in position).

Ronde van Wevelgem

Rouleur: 5th

Went over the first and second mountain first with my Sprinter. Its a chance, but when over the second mountain you only need a 2 for the downhill and a 9 for the win.

Avenue Corso Paseo

Sprinter: 7th
Rouleur: 5th

Took a chance to get away with both my guys, but did not work. All the 6 other ryders just slipstream while I used my 9'cards on my Sprinter. Bad.

La Haut Montagne

Rouleur: 3rd

La Haut Montagne seems to be a Rouleur map where its importen to be first on the last big mountain, but I take the chance, that if my Sprinter can be the first over the first mountain, he can be the first ryder on the second mountain with an 9card. Hopfuly you will not just draw 2's at the end and maybe have some 5's and 4's left in your deck.
So with that strategy my Sprinter beat the odds and all the other Rouleurs.

The winning loot:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Ulrik
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congrats - well deserved win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreu B.
msg tools
mbmbmb
And now that Christmas is coming... What are your thoughts on Flamme Rouge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troels Panduro
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
andreubo wrote:
And now that Christmas is coming... What are your thoughts on Flamme Rouge?

I think its a great, easy and fun game.
It has tactical and meaningful decisions just based on map design, slipstream rules and exhaustion rules (Things that Ave cesar is missing).

And you have different strategy choices. Is it your Sprinter or Rouleur thats going for the win and who is the helping-ryder. And how do you play the map?

La Haut Montagne seems to be a Rouleur map where its importen to be first on the last big mountain, but I take the chance, that if my Sprinter can be the first over the first mountain, he can be the first ryder on the second mountain with an 9card. Hopfuly you will not just draw 2's at the end and maybe have some 5's and 4's left in your deck.
So with that strategy my Sprinter beat the odds and all the other Rouleurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troels Panduro
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
*Strategy added to all four stages in op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.