Popular Tags: [View All]
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Warcults is a game that can be very simple to very advanced. The rules provide options for game groups to turn the complexity up and down. This is done through the SEQUENCE OF PLAY, and OPTIONS decided upon before playing.

The rule book is BIG! These Sequences of Play are the table of contents of the rules needed to play. There is no need to read EVERYTHING. Just what is needed to play.

There are 4 Sequences of Play to choose from:

INITIATION GAME
NIGHT OF BLOOD! GAME
CAMPAIGN GAME
ETERNAL BATTLES GAME

I'm posting videos, these video are just the very basics of the most common actions.

INITIATION GAME
This Sequence of Play is very basic, and is recommended for everyone until they understand the Warlord and Warcult command. This is the skeleton of the game.

NIGHT OF BLOOD!
This Sequence provides more actions players can look into. It turns up the volume of detail. Phases are added, and the Necromancer from Cave Evil could be added as well. This Sequence has all the remaining gaming options. Players can pick and choose what they'd like to play with.

CAMPAIGN GAME
During a campaign game the players are using the above "Night of Blood" Sequence when playing, but before and after a game they must follow each step of the Campaign Sequence. This allows players to continue to build their Warcults through various battles. It does conclude and can even merge with the original Cave Evil game. Warcults can be modified in a simple way using advancements called Paths, which allow players to promote or demote various creatures in their Warcult.

ETERNAL BATTLES
This allows a Warcult to continue to battle for as long as it can survive. Players use Night of Blood when playing but add each Eternal Battle step before and after a game. A Warcult counts each Cycle (Game Round) and records its growth. The Warcult can be played in any game, and is not bound to a campaign. I could craft a Warcult with one game group, fly to Japan and use the same Warcult in a game played there. A Warcult could in theory survive for years and continue to grow and fight.

OPTIONS
Options range from very easy, to advanced. Options such as PATHS allow each individual creature to build in detail if players desire. Details are written down on a Campaign sheet.

WARLORDS VS NECROMANCERS

The greatest difference between the Warlord and a Necromancer is the Warlord does NOT draw cards or make cards. If players add a Necromancer, they would add the phase of drawing cards.

The Warlord is showing up with only its troops that is has to begin with and has only a few options to add more creatures. Creatures could build in individual might using PATHS and more creatures can be added using options such as RALLY CRY, BEFRIENDING and HIRE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Μιχάλης Λαστουπάς
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wowdevilwow

Thanks for posting this, Nate.
I don't think I can describe how excited I am about this. And reading all those things doesn't help me at all. The anticipation is really unbearable.

Thank you for making awesome games!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Μιχάλης!

I was afraid I lost this post. BGG crashed just as I submitted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rules PDF Nate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.