3 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: How do you get better without spoilers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
atog n
msg tools
mbmb
I love this game. In an ideal world I'd play it a lot more often than the group i'm playing with is currently scheduling.
But I can't without having extra information and that ruins the game for everyone.

So meanwhile I am waiting for the next game, how do I get my fix?? :(

I'd gladly take tips and tricks for starter but I am open to all ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary g
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Force them to play more often! Entice them with snacks, donut balls, or hosting the game at your place with dinner included!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Strong-Morse
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
My only suggestion is analysis/theory crafting. For example, if you've played one game, you know what the milestones for the next game are (at least mostly--there may be box openings that change that or the like). Which of those milestones can you get? Are you positioned well to win a race for one of those milestones? If not, is there a slightly slower milestone that you can win a race for, perhaps because the players ahead of you are heading for the first milestone? What sorts of goods are going to be scarce and worth going after rapidly? What sorts of goods are there plenty of? What advisor do you have from previous games, and how can you use that advisor to best advantage? What sorts of advisors would you like to purchase from the forum if they're available?

While there isn't any formal time limit on thinking during the game, there's a practical limit. But time between games is time that you can think about and explore possible paths of play at leisure.

Also, if you read session reports, pbf, etc. for parts of the campaign that won't spoil you (e.g. after you hit the first 4 milestones, game 1 reports are pretty well safe), you can see if there's stuff you've missed up to that point that can sharpen your play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.