Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Ray
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Let's assume for a moment the rumors are true and next year STAW 2.0 will be released. What changes would you like to be made to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
whats STAW 2.0? and if its real..will i bealbe to use my ships still???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of rules and text clarifications, but no real changes. I would like to see new starter sets that are faction oriented though instead of the generic 3 ship one we have.

navy 2001, it's a "what if" scenario. There is no word of one actually coming and it is unlikely that one ever will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autarch wrote:
Let's assume for a moment the rumors are true and next year STAW 2.0 will be released. What changes would you like to be made to the game?

Which rumours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck Manzetti
France
Lyon
Unspecified
flag msg tools
New(s) rule(s) for Torpedoes like :
- Ship roll 1(or 2) less defense die(ce) against Torpedoes so the card's text stay the same.

- or 360° arc for torpedoes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Keywords on cards such as once per turn, reusable, aura, only affects your ships, etc.
2) Captain bonus for being on their ship, i.e. Talent Kirk on Tinyprise, Janeway on Voyager, Picard 9 on Enterprise D, Picard 8 on Enterprise E.
3) A unique symbol for limit one per ship. Saves typing.
4) Add firing arcs to ship icons on ship cards.
5) Prevent massive stacking of dice (attack or defense).
6) The most important thing, a conversion kit for every single item produced to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Scipio
Germany
flag msg tools
- More elements from Armada less from X-Wing
- Focusing on ship classes not indiviual ships
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
pedro_ak wrote:
Which rumours?

The same rumours that have been floating about since the first FAQ showed up further fueled by a pic of someones iphone with a e-mail message from wizkids on it saying that they have an announcement about STAW coming up that "addresses concerns".

As for what would be nice in a V2.0:
mathguy6189 wrote:
1) Keywords on cards such as once per turn, reusable, aura, only affects your ships, etc.
2) Captain bonus for being on their ship, i.e. Talent Kirk on Tinyprise, Janeway on Voyager, Picard 9 on Enterprise D, Picard 8 on Enterprise E.
3) A unique symbol for limit one per ship. Saves typing.
4) Add firing arcs to ship icons on ship cards.
5) Prevent massive stacking of dice (attack or defense).
6) The most important thing, a conversion kit for every single item produced to date.

Hit the nail right on the head there David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Blauvelt
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
1. New point system
2. Faction Pure
3. Faction themes (ie Federation "Helpfulness", Klingon attack die modifaction)
4. Rule and card text consistency.
5. Maybe some kind of objective card that can change victory for a faction. (optional use)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stefano magliocchi
Italy
Grosseto
Tuscany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New booklet rules, with errata and clarifications.
Faction pure.
New rules about photon torpedo (the best weapon of the saga treated like a pebble).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
General point rebalancing, taking into account maneuvering and special abilities on ships.

Rewriting rules text to be consistent and clear. Every instance where a thing is once per round, for instance, should use the same wording, and never deviate in order.

release of some OP only cards such as Hood Riker to retail ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faction pure by ship, (can have different ships from different races etc. but each is faction pure)
And make torpedoes work (area damage, all go to timers, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Most of what I want is covered by earkier posts.

-Simplified text through keywords
-No difference between attacking in combat phase or out (for spending tokens or getting cloak defense) to make that ruleset simpler and incentivise low skill captains.
-Free action cards don't provide actions not normally available to ships (goodbye Dukat and Picard on everything)
-Ship pure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I can think of too many changes needed for the rulebook itself. Obviously they could include new factions, time tokens, and new card types like Admirals and Resources: incorporating all these into the base rules would help streamline things. But the basic rules themselves are pretty good, IMHO. The errata and clarifications are mostly related to card text, after all.

If they're going to overhaul the cards, that could address some real problems. That's a pretty trick, though: there are a lot of cards out there, and I wouldn't relish the hate mail from either end of the spectrum. Casual players would complain about having to buy a giant deck of Dominion cards so they could play the two Breen ships they picked up. Serious collectors would bemoan the fortunes spent on rare cards like Gen Khan that would now be available for a song.

(And I'll say, if they choose to go with faction purity, I welcome our new Federation Overlords. Stock up on root beer.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
Dren608 wrote:
Faction pure by ship, (can have different ships from different races etc. but each is faction pure)
And make torpedoes work (area damage, all go to timers, etc)

i hope not..because then i cant use seven of nine from voyager on my Borg Cube

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
Seven from Voyager (and the Delta Flyer) would likely be errata'd into a dual faction under a case like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ship pure is best left as is, a rule that some people can play and others can chose not to. There's no reason to mandate it.
I think that out of faction can be changed, but it shouldn't be eliminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt I
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would like to see the faction penalty be increased to maybe 3 or 4 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For OPs I would like ship or even fleet pure become the standard, unless part of the scenario special rules, ie Matter of Honor. Though I wouldn't mind seeing an increase in the faction penalty either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order for any kind of purity to become the standard, we would need universal faction cards. By that I mean cards that could go on any faction. Simple cards like a weapon booster, a shield booster, an evade boost, slot converters, extra forms of movement or movement changers, etc.
Without that, Feds are king right now. Yes, scenarios change that, but straight up, Feds win because they have the most toys, and the most good toys.

If you go to Fleet Pure then the Xindi, Ferengi, Bajoran, and Kazon are basically unplayable. I don't think anyone wants that regardless of your thoughts on the specific factions in question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
In order for any kind of purity to become the standard, we would need universal faction cards. By that I mean cards that could go on any faction. Simple cards like a weapon booster, a shield booster, an evade boost, slot converters, extra forms of movement or movement changers, etc.
Without that, Feds are king right now. Yes, scenarios change that, but straight up, Feds win because they have the most toys, and the most good toys.

If you go to Fleet Pure then the Xindi, Ferengi, Bajoran, and Kazon are basically unplayable. I don't think anyone wants that regardless of your thoughts on the specific factions in question.

I don't think that argument holds the same argument that it used to. The biggest issue used to be access to BS with Dukat and Picard. Now Both Romulans and Klingons have access. Klingons even have two ways to have reliable BS. As far as adding slots, Romulans have a couple ways to add Tech which make sense because it's their thing. Klingons have two Captains that add crew and Cryogenic Stasus if more are needed.

Where I would like to see more of the main factions get access to shield upgrades that is limited to Fed ships in mixed play anyway. Romulans have some great secondary weapons and except the D7/Raptor Klingons already have high primary weapons. The Dominion isn't doing bad though the Breen could use a Disruptor upgrade but plenty of room for more expansions.

As for the smaller factions Kazon are absolutely playable in faction pure. Ferengi have a rough road but there is room for more expansions for them. Bajorans have some tools available, and everyone forgets that DS9 is a Bajoran ship. They are not going to be top tier, but they could have a chance in the right scenario. The jury is still out on the Xindi, half of their expansions haven't been releases yet. Even among mixed faction venues Bajoran and Ferengi ships are barley seen unless it is as a blind.

I have yet to see Picard, Dukat, and Spock manning their Marauders. In mixed faction they are still flying the big guns, because it is too easy for people to resist.

It is easy to say that Federation is King. Yes they have a lot of options, but they are still limited on points so they can't fit all of the toys on the table at one time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
all this talk about "fleet pure" and "faction pure" i will not bealbe to use sevan form voyager on my borg stuff D:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
I myself like what I see in the suggestions. As far as pure/mixed I say leave it in the rules and let the players decide how they wanna go. Kind of best of both worlds. Would think a better point costing formula would help solve a lot of issues. and a standard text format for the cards would be good as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
More Large-based ships. Warbirds, Negh'vars, Dominion Battleships, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
what does "bealbe" mean? I have seen the word twice so far and Google seems unable to tell me what it means

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.