4 Posts

Exodus: Edge of Extinction» Forums » General

Subject: Some questions comparing base game to the expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G H
Germany
flag msg tools
So I read that there is no problem playing the base game with drive power movement. But what about some other rules?

Has anyone tried playing the base game with the expansion setup, i.e with more ships/population cubes/planets? Or even with the additional techs at the value of 19 cp? Is there any reason why it would not work? Of course, this would shorten the game a bit.
As far as I have understood, the purpose of the changed game setup for the expansion is to keep the playing time the same as the base game. So you basically skip the first two rounds and play less but longer rounds.

I noticed that there are more ships in the expansion. I have played the base game 3 times now and I never felt especially low on ships. Is there a mechanism in the expansion that allows you to build more ships? The number of rounds seems to be just the same (you play 2 rounds less, but you get a faster start).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can easily incorporate Drive Power Movement and the EoE setup (more ships overall, including extra starting ships and population on a second planet), as well as the 19 cp tech "quick start" without using the rest of the EoE rules (faction boards with unique techs, combat cards, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the topic would apply to my question, I'll hijack this thread and ask:

Does the expansion provide more paths to victory aside from the more focused fighting aspect of the base game?

I've looked through the rules but haven't been able to come to a conclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it does.

Some factions have unique ways to earn and score victory points. One faction wants to control the political aspects of the game, another is almost exclusively focused on technological advancement. Yet another is thriving through a blossoming economy and will have to gain affirm their strengths there.

The upcoming Event Horizon will further offer new ways to earn points and allow new strategies and new paths to victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.