Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Including when you spend influence to receive Reais?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean, to spend reais using influence? Maybe I'm missing something, because I'm not seeing how you could get a discount of 1 influence by moving your token down the influence track.
Can you elaborate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies, Vital. I think you have answered my question inadvertently. I was attempting to be brief. Let me elaborate.

The Tile in question says "Get a discount of 1 influence when you need to spend influence."

In the Rulebook, we are told "there are only 2 ways of spending influence in the game": by, 1., Visiting a Noble, and 2., Choosing to spend Influence instead of reais.

So, for example, if my marker was on the 6 spot, I could choose to move the marker to the 3 spot to generate 2 reais. Thus I am spending 3 influence to receive 2 reais. And my Clergy tile tells me I get a discount of 1 influence when I spend influence. Thus I would only spend 2, and my marker would only move as far as the 4 spot.

I thought it was possible that this was your intention. I see that the Clergy tile says "when you NEED to spend influence", so the above rules loophole probably doesn't apply as you CHOOSE to spend influence instead of reais. (except there is the case where you must pay for a penalty and you have 0 reais, but DO have influence you could convert to Reais, so, not sure.)

I humbly submit that the wording on the #10 Clergy Tile be made more clear, if in fact my thinking is incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
I now understand. You are right, thank you for the tip. I will change the wording on the tile with a more specific explanation.

#10 Get a discount of 1 Influence every time you Visit or Follow a Visit to a Noble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, Vital.

I'm a backer of Lisboa and thoroughly enjoying it on Tabletopia!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.