Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello! I'll skip the pleasantries jump right to the issue:

Few weeks ago, I designed a board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/210101/incorporated

It was kind of a pet project of mine therefore I self-published it.

After selling all copies in Essen and getting some nice feedback, I decided to make a second print run - this time, I founded a corporation in order to do it properly.

The problem is, I cannot get my corporation approved in Publishers section.

Here is how I tried to do it:

1) I created a publisher entry (linked the game to it, also):

2) Got this message from admin: (Please submit a version published by this company)

3) But I cannot add the publisher in game's own entry, as I cannot see the pending entry I just added (despite BGG's own words that you can link items to pending entities)

From my past experiences, I know that the admins will not respond to such questions if asked through private message. Thus, I was forced to ask in here. Specifically:

- What is a version of a game? Is it a separate entry? I had to enter version information when creating the game's entry from scratch, but how I can create a version for an already existing game?

- How can I add my corporation as publisher to my game?

Thank you very much, and sorry for my disturbance! It's just that, I spent around 2 hours trying to fix it, and I just couldn't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is one of the BGG gotchas.

If you create a new game I'm sure you'll be able to see the "pending" publisher that you created. (If you want to test this, then you can create a new game entry and you can just trash the "new" game without submitting it.)

However for a version, I don't believe that you can see a "pending" publisher. You have to explain in the admin section what needs linked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to Incorporated, pick versions from below the dark area, and pick "+Add" (not "Add to") or click here: /item/create/boardgameversion?src_objecttype=thing&src_objec...

Fill out the form and the version should be added. See Versions Guidelines.

Once that is done, return to the game page, Incorporated, click "Edit" in the top right of the dark area or go here: /item/correction/boardgame/210101 then add your company under Publishers and submit. In the admin box you might want to include a link to this thread. The URL is:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679990/about-creating-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
This is indeed the case! I can find the name of publisher if I try to add a new game. However, I cannot edit an existing game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tall_Walt wrote:
Go to Incorporated, pick versions from below the dark area, and pick "+Add" (not "Add to") or click here: /item/create/boardgameversion?src_objecttype=thing&src_objec...

Once that is done, return to the game page, Incorporated, click "Edit" in the top right of the dark area or go here: /item/correction/boardgame/210101 then add your company under Publishers and submit. In the admin box you might want to include a link to this thread. The URL is:

Thank you very much! I think the issue will be resolved as soon as an admin looks through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:

You don't have to make a correction to add the publisher to the game header. Once the version and company are approved, the publisher will "float up" to the game's header. Same with new titles. You don't have to do game corrections to add them to the game entry. You just add them by making their versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.