Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a guess, but I think we are being fooled. I think that the Gold Smoke Knight isn't the big bad. The King will show up before the end of the campaign as a successor to the Gold Smoke Knight. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Salmela
Finland
flag msg tools
Well the scribe is even above the king so it would be weird not to include him as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
but the scribe is a guy sat in a chair, i dont see how oyu make that work as a showdown, best to just leave him out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be honest by saying: I hope so. While I really love that the campaign is being extended, I (for my personal taste) am kind of underwhelmed by the GSK as THE final boss of a campaign. He may be a hard one to beat, but he just does not impress or scare me at all. Just an ill-tempered guy drinking too much beer and eating too much chocolate.
Really don't want to sound ungrateful, but I'd really like to see an entity that makes me s**t my pants at the end of a 30 LY horror travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm almost wondering if the King will be a big expansion, an alternate campaign framework in the style of Sunstalker or Dragon King.

...Or he's being saved as Big/Penultimate Bad of the rumoured second core...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
mbmbmb
I still hope him to be the highlight (number 100) of the gamblers chest.
That would also mean that the scribe could be number 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not happening.

One person asked in the comments:

Quote:
@KD I read something was up with the Lantern Festival Expansion any chance that will appear in the Core Expansion since it is after The Watcher?

Adam's response:

Quote:
@Stack, there is zero chance of that.

Additionally, the Gold Smoke Knight is part of the Last (#100) hunt event on the hunt event table, titled "The End" soooo it make sense for him to be the last boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler tags please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nowak
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Elyklord wrote:
Nope, not happening.

One person asked in the comments:

Quote:
@KD I read something was up with the Lantern Festival Expansion any chance that will appear in the Core Expansion since it is after The Watcher?

Adam's response:

Quote:
@Stack, there is zero chance of that.

Additionally, the Gold Smoke Knight is part of the Last (#100) hunt event on the hunt event table, titled "The End" soooo it make sense for him to be the last boss.

Doesn't mean the King or Scribe can't appear. Just means no Lantern Festival. While the King and Scribe were part of it, he could have reworked them as expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Fluidkarma wrote:
I will be honest by saying: I hope so. While I really love that the campaign is being extended, I (for my personal taste) am kind of underwhelmed by the GSK as THE final boss of a campaign. He may be a hard one to beat, but he just does not impress or scare me at all. Just an ill-tempered guy drinking too much beer and eating too much chocolate.
Really don't want to sound ungrateful, but I'd really like to see an entity that makes me s**t my pants at the end of a 30 LY horror travel.

...have you seen the Lion God AI? I shit my pants when I fully comprehended what that thing was capable of. If Poots has made something that can hit AS hard as the Lion God, the final fight will be nerve-wracking.

And god help us if it hits HARDER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the GSK is an excellent choice for the final baddie. I suspect we may see the King and/or Scribe in a different game by Poots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
but the scribe is a guy sat in a chair, i dont see how oyu make that work as a showdown, best to just leave him out.

The lonely tree doesn't move. I could see the Scribe just sitting at the center of the showdown board and unwrite you from existence if he can be bothered to flick his pen.
I don't expect the Lantern Festival ever, but I can definitely see both the King and the Scribe being possible expansions that function as campaign changers like Sunstalker. I hope they show up as expansions during the Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
gorkel wrote:

Poots, is that you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought, but if some entities in this world seem to important to fight mere sruvivors. The Goblin for instance seems like one such monster in a lot of peoples mind. Wouldnt the scribe be an absolute no go? Isnt he kind like god?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@IASeldon Not yet, but actually I ordered it in the Black Friday sale exactly for that reason - to maybe make up an own final boss with it. Taking into account how many white kitties we have slain so far, I think we earned the wrath of the Lion God.
By the way, for me it's not that important that the monster is near unbeatable powerful, more that it's an interesting and challenging fight AND that it's an impressive entity. So I actually liked the Watcher and hope for a new final boss of universal badassness.
But that's just my opinion, I am happy for everyone who likes the GSK as new top of the food chain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry aka ventzlav
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hope for a "big" new expansion with a new campaign that has a Dragon scale monster mini to face at the end.
Thinking of Gryphon as the one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
IASeldon wrote:
Fluidkarma wrote:

...have you seen the Lion God AI? I shit my pants when I fully comprehended what that thing was capable of. If Poots has made something that can hit AS hard as the Lion God, the final fight will be nerve-wracking.

And god help us if it hits HARDER.

please, let us build the Ivory Carver settlement location!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.