Subject: Project update # 93 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damo Damo
msg tools
Original thread can be found here.

Quote:
Hello Unkindled,

We'll be going live tonight at 18:00GMT via Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/steamforged

We hope to see you in the comments section over there.

See you soon!

\[T]/

I'll edit this post once a link to the VOD or YouTube clip is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi C
msg tools
Patiently awaiting this video, by which I mean not... patiently...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo Damo
msg tools
As of 09:10 AEDST, there is no video. I'll keep checking the SFG YouTube page and Twitch channel for a VOD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hangmans Noose wrote:
As of 09:10 AEDST, there is no video. I'll keep checking the SFG YouTube page and Twitch channel for a VOD.

I thought Twitch VODs were automatically created for finished streams and the deleted after a certain period of time. I was surprised when I went there and the only stuff they have is for Guild Ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Channels set if that's automatic or manually done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo Damo
msg tools
BathTubNZ wrote:
Channels set if that's automatic or manually done.

Pretty much. Most streams will be deleted after 4 weeks if it's a free account or 12 weeks if it's a paid account (don't quote me on those timeframes, I'm estimating). For both types of accounts though, highlights can be created which last until the account is shut down. Twitch also offers an export to YouTube service once the highlight is created.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo Damo
msg tools
And update on the video from SFG:

Quote:
Where is the video of the Livestream Playthrough you did recently?

We have had a good look at the livestream playthrough we did at SteamCon and have made the decision not to publish/conclude approval on this video. The reason behind this is quite simple - the stream quality is just not good enough.

It is quite hard to make out card details and a lot of the quality of the models/assets we have created for this game are not highlighted. For us at Steamforged Games this boardgame really highlights our commitment to quality and it would not be right to have someones first impression of this product be a low quality stream recording of a final prototype version.

We understand that some of you will be upset by this news if you missed the livestream and for that we can only apologise. We will however be producing a fully edited HD video for the new year with all the final assets (like the models above). This is unlikely to be released before the end of the Pledge Manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Up until this point i though they are only not so good in what the do.
Now I have reasons to think they have bad intentions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo Damo
msg tools
I think bad intentions is perhaps going a little to far in my mind. Definitely not good at such a large project considering how small the company is. My personal belief is that they have bitten off more than they can chew.

What pisses me off more is that they can go through post-production of the video, delete the sound, add voiceover/s describing the play, and have card images show up on the screen. YouTubers have been doing this for years now. Hey presto, there's a video that keeps everyone happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.