Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Head like an orange
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey
Tried to find but couldn't see any clarifications on the following:

Paying resources to produce
Whatever I choose be it sloppily/orderly with my worker. Can I still pay resources from my hand to copmpensate the lack of resources in the market?

Say I put my worker orderly at the Coalmine (whatever its called) and I'm missing 1 wood to produce my coal (2 wool is in the market). Can i pay a wood from my hand? Could I do the same if there was say only 1 wool in the market and I payed 1 wood and 1 wool from my hand?

Assistants
1. How do you decide on the sides of the assitants? I suspect you can't flip them once you've hired them.
2. An assistant can only work orderly, correct?
3. Same question above about production, same applies to assitants right?

Thank you everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffawahha wrote:

Whatever I choose be it sloppily/orderly with my worker. Can I still pay resources from my hand to copmpensate the lack of resources in the market?

Say I put my worker orderly at the Coalmine (whatever its called) and I'm missing 1 wood to produce my coal (2 wool is in the market). Can i pay a wood from my hand? Could I do the same if there was say only 1 wool in the market and I payed 1 wood and 1 wool from my hand?

You can always pay from your hand to make up for any deficiencies in the Market. If you need to pay the entire cost to activate, and you have all of the cards in your hand, you may do so. (Just remember that these resources are not universal, like the Market resources; resources from your hand only apply to one building!)

jaffawahha wrote:
1. How do you decide on the sides of the assistants? I suspect you can't flip them once you've hired them.

There's no reason to flip them once they're hired; they all work the same. When I deal out assistants at the beginning, I usually alternate flipping them over and simply placing them out from the assistants pile, just to reinforce the "random" starting status of the assistants.

jaffawahha wrote:
2. An assistant can only work orderly, correct?

Always and only (and only producing one good from the activation).

jaffawahha wrote:
3. Same question above about production, same applies to assitants right?

Again, you have to pay for each building individually, but yes, you can always supplement the Market resources with cards from your hand. So, if you were one ore short to activate both your worker's building and your assistant's building, you would have to pay two ore total to turn them both on, and those ore could not also be used to run the production chains of the buildings.

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
... is coming!
badge
Sunrise ... sunset
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you can pay resources from your hand regardless of how your worker or your assistant work. You can pay as many from your hand as you need to. (One less than the building states if working sloppily. You choose which one not to pay.)

You cannot decide on the side of the assistant. Those are randomly determined during setup.

The assistants only work orderly, however they aren't as efficient as your main worker and only ever produce one product, even though all resources on the card are required.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.