Hide
5 Posts

Pax Britannica» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Online Game with Real-Time Maps. Anyone Interested? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harambe
msg tools
I have patched together a way that multiple people can play online using a shared account on Google Drive.

Basically, I took hi-res photos of the maps, and then copied the Status Marker, Military Unit and other counters/icons from the player sheets.

The icons can be easily copied to the maps and moved around in real time, using the editable image feature in Google Drive.

This version is locked for editing publicly, but you can see what it looks like:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1vWzLNgFh4EqhrOa8Bail8OMy...

In addition, I created a spreadsheet in Google Drive to keep track of finances, Victory Points, and log activity.

We can use discord chat, email, skype, or our accounts with BoardGameGeek for announcements and to send private messages to do diplomacy.

If you are interested in getting a game going please direct message me or reply to this thread.
I'd like to get a 7-8 player game going ideally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great use of google Share features ...I have no experience of on-line play, but I wonder about the down time in other Players' Turns...considering it will need a GM to adjudicate predictably frequent differences of opinion, rules questions, etc...

HTH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harambe
msg tools
One of the players will have to serve as the GM, or we can take turns with that. I think the bar is high enough with Pax Britannica, in terms of the complexity, that the kind of people who play are not going to be trying to cheat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a great idea and I'd be in for it. Although I'd need to read up on the rules, because its been a long time. Although when players play will probably be largely determined by their daily schedule rather than any strategic choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Paulson

Texas
msg tools
If a game goes I'd be interested as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.