Ravingspire» Forums » General

Subject: Play Confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bishop Harber
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm not understanding something that should be really basic, I'm sure.

The heroes start out with a Basic Deck. Look like 12 cards. If you're using 6 cards per hand, then discarding your hand (after all has been played out) at the end of a turn, that means you have cards for 2 turns.

What am I missing here? After the second turn, you end up with an empty hand. That can't be right, can it?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You reshuffle the discard deck, which will now be larger than when you started. It's a common mechanic called deck building and it's pretty great because you improve you draw deck throughout the game, thus increasing the chances that you'll have a more powerful hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kwon
msg tools
mb
Remember to put any card you just acquired directly in the discard pile. You cannot play it immediately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop Harber
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you for that. I knew it had to be something I overlooked. I don't see that anywhere in the rule book, but I'm finding that it's not exactly designed in a manner that is easy to follow. The videos on the website were better tools. I just couldn't find anything on that deck building aspect.

Thank you again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kwon
msg tools
mb
I think almost everything is in the rulebook. Except you have to read all the pages at the same time because rules are scattered through all the pages, some even hidden in the last "faq" part.
The answer you're looking for was at page 18 battle deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop Harber
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
And so it is! Amazing. Okay. I'll have to sit and re-read this thing all over again. I'm not sure I've ever had as much trouble learning a game in the past as this one, but I'm enjoying the challenge already.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.