Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules, it states the cards should be placed into the discard pile face down at the end of your turn. But in the videos I've seen, including the official AEG How to Play video, the cards are discarded face up. Does anyone know if there is an official ruling? Or do you see a problem with using a face up discard pile (since you are allowed to look through your discard pile anyway)?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have not ran across a situation where this has been an issue yet. We play with the discards face up. It is far easier to not confuse your deck and discard pile this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, gotta admit I never thought about it. Most other games either don't care or have the discard pile face up, so I've always just done that naturally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember that you can always look through your discard pile so it shouldn't be an issue they have it face up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I actually missed that in the rules, mainly because I learned to play by watching the official video. Mechanically it doesn't seem to make a difference, however I see the logic now. Since you end your drawing with the face up on-deck card, having a face down discard pile helps you draw from the right stack. I know this because I was constantly trying to draw from my (face up) discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.