BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: The Weekender V - In Signups rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
THE WEEKENDER V

This is an 12 player game that is designed to run in a single weekend. Dusk runs twice a day at both 1:00PM and at 4:30PM BGG time and dawn is at 1:30PM and 5:00PM BGG time. This rule set is suitable for both new and experienced players. This game will only run on Saturday, and Sunday. It is intended for those who have time to play werewolf on the weekends rather then the week days.

ROLES
All players win with their team, whether or not they remain alive at the end of the game.

TEAM EVIL (3/12)
Team evil wins as soon as they reach parity. Parity happens when there is as many or more wolves left alive as there are non-wolves.

Mad Scientist
The mad scientist secretly picks three players on night 0. (The mad scientist cannot pick him or herself.) Two of those three players become werewolves.
The mad scientist then spends the rest of the game attempting to help the werewolves win. The Mad Scientist brutals (kills) a player on his/her death.

Werewolf (x2)
The wolves share a private chat. They select one player in secret to be killed every night.
The first wolf to die brutals (kills) a player on death.

TEAM GOOD (9/12)
Team good wins as soon as all wolves are killed. The mad scientist does not need to be killed in order for team good to win.

Seer
The seer views a target each night. The seer receives a response of "wolf" or "not wolf".
The seer receives a view on a randomly chosen non-wolf on n0.

Hunter
The Hunter brutals (kills) a player on his/her death.
The Hunter also defies parity. If the game ever comes down to just the hunter and a wolf then good wins.

Tie Breaker
If there is ever a tie for lynch leader and the tie breaker is voting for one of the leading candidates then the player that the tie breaker is voting for will be the one lynched, regardless of LHLV.

Villagers (x6)
Villagers must rely on their keen intellect to try to win.

GAME RULES
Please only sign up if you will be able to participate.
This game is expected to run over the course of a single weekend. In order to do that there will be two lynches per day.
In the unlikely event that neither side has won by the 5th day, that day will be held on the following Saturday with 3PM lynch and 3:30PM nk.
Any ties for lynch lead in this game go to whomever the tie breaker is voting for. If the tie breaker is not voting for a lynch leader then LHLV is used for breaking ties.
When a player dies there will always be full role and alignment reveal.
In this game none of the brutal orders are optional. If a valid brutal target is not chosen then one will be chosen randomly. (Evil roles will not auto-target other evils that they know about.)
No lynch and no night kill will not be an option this game. If the wolves do not select a target for the night kill a random non-wolf target will be chosen.
If you want to ask the mod a question in thread, please post it in red (you can use r{}r to make your text red). I respond in gold.
No communication with other players about the game outside of the game until it is over.
No encryption. No codes that require a pre-arranged shared secret or an application to decode.
Any players who have not participated in the last 12 hours, or posted with an explanation of why they will be gone, at the "2 hours before lynch" mark of any lynch day may be put up for replacement.
A general primer on how to play werewolf can be found here.
You can sign up for this game using the link in the post directly following this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
Floofies
GaiusJC
Mrfan
PaperF
RoyalApe
SarahBoBara
TigerDoodle

8 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1680053

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, you should...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
Maybe, you should...
So suspenseful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The full schedule for this game is as follows:

I will start night 0 on the Thursday before the game starts, some time before 6PM BGG time. At some point before 6PM on Friday I will need every player to check in either by posting something in mod chat or by sending me an email.

If you are the Mad Scientist then the check in is the time that you have to make your wolf picks. If you are not the Mad Scientist then the check in is just a verbal conformation that you will be able to play this weekend and that, had you been the Mad Scientist you would have been able to pick your wolves. Any player who does not check in by 6PM on Friday will be put up for replacement, without exceptions. This ensures that no one will be able to eliminate the possibility that any player could be the Mad Scientist just because they didn't show up or had to be replaced later.

Day 1 will start between 6PM and 9PM BGG time on Friday. Two lynches will be held each day on Saturday and Sunday. Times are at the top of the first post in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:

I will start night 0 on the Thursday before the game starts, some time before 6PM BGG time. At some point before 6PM on Friday I will need every player to check in either by posting something in mod chat or by sending me an email.

If you are the Mad Scientist then the check in is the time that you have to make your wolf picks. If you are not the Mad Scientist then the check in is just a verbal conformation that you will be able to play this weekend and that, had you been the Mad Scientist you would have been able to pick your wolves. Any player who does not check in by 6PM on Friday will be put up for replacement, without exceptions. This ensures that no one will be able to eliminate the possibility that any player could be the Mad Scientist just because they didn't show up or had to be replaced later.

Day 1 will start between 6PM and 9PM BGG time on Friday. Two lynches will be held each day on Saturday and Sunday. Times are at the top of the first post in this thread.

This time if we aren't over in the four lynches, could we pause until the next weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:

This time if we aren't over in the four lynches, could we pause until the next weekend.
Ok, I expect people to just nightfall though. One of the early games ran from one weekend to the next (before I changed it to two lynches per day) and everyone just forgot what they were doing between one weekend and the next. It's just too long for people to remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra (for this upcoming weekend)... if this doesn't fill by this weekend I may have to drop..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jerival wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra (for this upcoming weekend)... if this doesn't fill by this weekend I may have to drop..
I don't think it will fill this weekend. Also, I'm not free next weekend, but maybe the weekend after.

I'm going to set the timer for the weekend of the 17th and 18th now. If that's good/bad for anyone then please tell me, the date is not set in stone. The nice thing about a weekend game is that I don't have to really worry about other games running at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just a quick note: My calculations has the balance ever-so-slightly evil slanted at this point, so I'm giving the seer his or her n0 back to even things out. (Slight buff to team good.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Nickname courtesy of Baby Cat! Uber badge courtesy of Natsume! <3
badge
Chaotic Evil
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump, because I want this to happen this weekend.

I have absolutely no time for it. Should be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
Bump, because I want this to happen this weekend.

I have absolutely no time for it. Should be fun!
24 hours to fill half the roster! If it's not full tomorrow I'll have to delay it.

I'm hoping some of the people who were killed in Massacre this week would want to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Floof Meister
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has turned out to be an unusually busy December for me, but if this game hasn't already ran by the beginning of January, I'm definitely signing up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, I'm officially calling it. This weekend isn't happening. Next weekend has Christmas and the weekend after has New Years.. so those are out. So I'm putting it on the schedule for the weekend of Jan 7th and 8th.

Happy holidays everyone! Get some sleep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Had to delay this another week, something came up.

Also.. we need more signups. Where be the peeps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's been a couple of months.. but if there was another signup I would be willing to try to find a date that this can run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Poll
Which upcoming weekends will work with your schedule?
Apr 22 and 23
Apr 29 and 30
May 6 and 7
May 13 and 14
      8 answers
Poll created by ThatAblaze
Closes: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Whitmore
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any chance of pushing the start time on this back by a couple of hours or so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
doppio wrote:
Is there any chance of pushing the start time on this back by a couple of hours or so?

Do you mean earlier or later than 1PM and also 4:30PM? It's not easy to find a time that works for everyone when there are two lynches in the day, but if enough people want to change we can change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
badge
They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I am going to C2E2 in Chicago this weekend and will not be able to play this weekend, so I will have to drop out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Whitmore
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
doppio wrote:

Do you mean earlier or later than 1PM and also 4:30PM? It's not easy to find a time that works for everyone when there are two lynches in the day, but if enough people want to change we can change.

Sorry, I meant pushing the 1pm lynch time back to 3pm-ish BGG time. (With the recent daylight savings changes, 1pm BGG is now my 4am. No worries if 1pm works best for everyone else, though, I'll lurk happily and cheer from the sidelines ...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, I've put this on the calendar for May 6th. Hopefully that works for enough people that we can run, and maybe stonecutter will come back

I'm sorry doppio. It seems like any time is bad for someone, and I think that if I moved it to later that would conflict with more people. Besides.. do you really want to be up at 6am on a weekend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Whitmore
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No probs, ThatAblaze. And you make a very good point. I shall enjoy my Sunday morning sleep in instead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
badge
They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I have a wedding that day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.