8 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hindrance and wall wrecker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bat Man
msg tools
Hi all,

Imagine I play Conan and I'm in an area with two Bossonian Guards. I want to wreck an adjacent wall.

The french rule stipulates that wall wreck is a 2 additional cost, but the english rule present wall wreck as a "cost".

Should I pay 2 extra movement points for hindrance + 2 extra movements for the wall wreck skill + 1 for the movement itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how our group was reading/interpreting it. It makes sense based on other examples in the rules. There is a base cost to move from one zone to another, that can be modified by the presence of enemy units, physical obstacles, etc.

I really can't wait for the clarified rules to be released...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like this very question came up in another thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think the best way to think of Wall Wrecker is that it modifies an in-progress movement action. With that interpretation movement hindrance must be observed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Man
msg tools
Thanks!

Can we extend this reasoning to swimming, flying, and climbing?
It seems that flying is affected by hindering, only in english. In french it is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Man
msg tools
In the french new version of the rules, we have this sentence:
" Les deux zones deviennent adjacentes sans pénalité de mouvement pour passer de l’une à l’autre"

Which means: "Both zones become adjacent without any movement penalty to move from one to the other."

So... no hindrance? Or hindrance is not a "movement penalty"? I'm lost once more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman14 wrote:
Can we extend this reasoning to swimming, flying, and climbing?

i don't (spontaneously) see why not, with the caveat that climbing is defined as having scenario-specific effects.

My own rule of thumb (lacking official rules clarifications) is that any skill categorized as a Movement Skill changes how normal Movement is applied. Normally that also implies hindrance, but flying may be a slight exception, as you point out...

batman14 wrote:
It seems that flying is affected by hindering, only in english. In french it is not.

French is the native language of the game, so if French doesn't hinder flying then that's the official rule.

Not hindering flyers' movement makes thematic sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.