Berserk: War of the Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Missing Extra Life Point token? Also, some rules questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Just had my first games today and I have some questions!
But first, thanks to Koz1120 for his revised rulebook, it helps greatly in understanding the game!

So, I don't have the Extra Life Point token in my box. Is that normal?

Also, we were wondering about certain "passive abilities".
For example, the Swamp's Bloodletter creature.
"Regen-2. After Bloodletter has been healed, it may declare a special strike 2."

If I'm at full health, can I still declare a special strike 2? Do you still heal if nothing happens?
And when I do the strike, I do get exhausted, correct?

Also, passive abilities STILL work even if the card is exhausted, correct? For example, Foriade simply states that my opponent's creatures cannot attack if they moved this turn. But if that card is exhausted, it still works, right?

Then, about Melaina. "Your opponent's creatures' ranged attacks get range 2 instead of their original range."
What if my opponent's creature ability is a Shot 1? It would get better, to Shot 2?
What if the Range is not mentioned (i.e. infinite range)? Does it also get reduced to 2?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukáš Rinka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I will try my best to answer .

Extra life point tokens were missing in all boxes.

There is FAQ in Berserk file section here on BGG - I think there is answer to your question about Bloodletter´s ability. I think the second part is triggered only if first condition is fullfiled (aka you have to heal yourself to be able to declare special strike - that means you can´t use your special ability if you are fully healed). If you fullfil healing condition you won´t get exhausted when you declare special strike.

Correct, passive abilities work until creature with ability is alive on battlefield - alerted or exhausted.

You are confusing here range with damage - Shot 1 in your example means that creature is able to do 1 damage with infinite range. With Melaina in play it would be Shot 1. Range 2. (So, yes it reduces infinite range to only 2).

I hope, it helped.

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you!
Yeah, I confused damage and range in this case but I really wanted to know about infinite range modifier and you answered that so thanks!

So Bloodletter gives you Healing and a free Special Strike if you heal? Wow, that's good!

Cup of Coffee wrote:
Hey, I will try my best to answer .

Extra life point tokens were missing in all boxes.

There is FAQ in Berserk file section here on BGG - I think there is answer to your question about Bloodletter´s ability. I think the second part is triggered only if first condition is fullfiled (aka you have to heal yourself to be able to declare special strike - that means you can´t use your special ability if you are fully healed). If you fullfil healing condition you won´t get exhausted when you declare special strike.

Correct, passive abilities work until creature with ability is alive on battlefield - alerted or exhausted.

You are confusing here range with damage - Shot 1 in your example means that creature is able to do 1 damage with infinite range. With Melaina in play it would be Shot 1. Range 2. (So, yes it reduces infinite range to only 2).

I hope, it helped.

Enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.