Subject: CAG title and (almost) every human brigged rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Once upon a time, there was this guy named mawkee..
badge
Hey, what are you trying to do??!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a curious situation. I think I know the answer, but I'd like to hear opinions

A non-pilot player is the only human player out of the brig (non-revealed cylons included), and thus has the CAG title. He's considering using the top option of the card, in which he chooses a player to receive the CAG title. But since everybody else is in the brig, here are the two options I can think of:

- He uses the title, passes the card along and the title automatically comes back to him. IMHO this is the correct answer (99% sure)
- He CAN'T use this option for one reason or another (1% chance)

What is your opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with you, which has some fascinating implications I've never considered. A group of entirely brigged humans could get work done in space by continually XOing the CAG. Even a pilot could essentially do a spontaneous Command activation from space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
I don't remember the exact wording of the top of my head, but I think passing the title was after taking the action, and wasn't worded as conditional, so the top option seems right to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the title would be passed to the highest in line of succession inside the brig in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't pass it to someone in the Brig, so it would just stay put.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no prerequisite listed on the card, so you perform as much of the effect as you can, i.e. activate one unmanned viper.

(But Command is more efficient if it is available.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Once upon a time, there was this guy named mawkee..
badge
Hey, what are you trying to do??!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys

This is from a player that is always thinking about the smallest details on the rules, and on this case it's really relevant :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
rdonoso wrote:
I think that the title would be passed to the highest in line of succession inside the brig in this case.

Except someone is not in the brig, so it would immediately pass back to them. Same is true if it was the admiralty passing to someone in the brig, it will immediately pass to whoever is not in the brig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.