Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Snyder
United States
Selinsgrove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for an intro to wargames with a Gettysburg theme. Light complexity and a small number of units are appreciated. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sallay
msg tools
mbmb
snyderman wrote:
I'm looking for an intro to wargames with a Gettysburg theme. Light complexity and a small number of units are appreciated. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Battle Cry. It uses the command and colors system. (Same as memoir 44)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Selinsgrove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsallay wrote:
snyderman wrote:

Battle Cry. It uses the command and colors system. (Same as memoir 44)

That's a generic Civil War game, right? Does it include battle specific scenarios like Memoir 44?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sallay
msg tools
mbmb
snyderman wrote:

That's a generic Civil War game, right? Does it include battle specific scenarios like Memoir 44?

It does. The game comes with 30 scenarios, two of which are from Gettysburg. There are also many user submitted scenarios at
http://www.commandsandcolors.net/battlecry/

If you look at the eastern front, there are several battles from Gettysburg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For old school hex and counter, Gettysburg (125th Anniversary edition) is decent, and pretty simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.