Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
horgboth
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you split damage from a single spell, e.g. after casting Spectral Echo, can I do 1 damage to finish off a minion and then deal the remaining 1 damage to the nemesis? Guessing not but thought I'd ask.

Really enjoying this on my first play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 12 under "When a spell is Cast:" the send bulletpoint is: "That spell can only deal damage to a single minion or the nemesis unless otherwise noted."

Short answer: No you can't split the damage.

Oh, and I'm really glad you are enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
horgboth
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, missed that somehow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
horgboth wrote:

There's a lot to go over all at once. There are a few ways to deal damage to more than one target with a single 'thing' (ability/spell) between base game/expansions, but not many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Side Variable
msg tools
What about the +1 Damage on the 3rd and 4th breach cards? If I cast a Spark from an opened 3rd breach, can I do 1 damage to 1 minion (from Spark) and another damage to another minion (from the breach's text)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SideVariable wrote:
What about the +1 Damage on the 3rd and 4th breach cards?

The +1 is to the spell's damage, so it cannot be split unless the spell text specifically says it can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
And you know what? I actually love this rule. It makes killing some monsters even more painful, meaning you have to spend more time into micromanaging your damage output. I think that's great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
And you know what? I actually love this rule. It makes killing some monsters even more painful, meaning you have to spend more time into micromanaging your damage output. I think that's great

There's a few minions/situations besides the ones you'll see initially that will really force some tough decisions as you can't kill everything with a single spell. This rule also makes cards like Monstrous Inferno even more exciting since it allows you to freely distribute all the damage it deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tricia Victor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:
horgboth wrote:

There's a lot to go over all at once. There are a few ways to deal damage to more than one target with a single 'thing' (ability/spell) between base game/expansions, but not many.

Are you referring to the Carapace Queen husks and taking a life point hit to damage multiple husks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sydstar wrote:
qxc0 wrote:
horgboth wrote:

Are you referring to the Carapace Queen husks and taking a life point hit to damage multiple husks?

yea, as well as Reeve's ability and a Combustion were the other ones I was thinking of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Olazabal
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
Yeah, I missed this rule as well. No wonder I just won my first game comfortably (playing solo with two mages) ... And I also want to say I enjoyed my first game immensely - I'm greatly looking forward to investigating all the other mages and different starting supply setups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.