Fire in the Lake» Forums » Rules

Subject: ARVN bot select spaces and pieces... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myles Carey

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
For Arvn bot plei mei bot is instructed to select spaces and pieces to add coin and to do so if it can add 2+ population of coin.

Not sure if I played it correctly, did I?

Had 3 arvn troops and 9 police. Choose non coin spaces adding just enough troops/police to gain coin control. Selected 4 or 5 spaces and used all but 1 police cube.

The last police cube could not flip a space so it wasn't used. I maximized coin population added by using just enough in the selected spaces.

Does that sound correct or way off target?

Thanks,
Myles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Way, way off...

The instructions are telling you what priorities to use while executing the event.

The event text is: "Remove any 3 NVA pieces from a space with or adjacent to a COIN base."

The Bot instruction reads: "Select spaces and pieces to to add most COIN-controlled population, if not able to add 2+ COIN control, choose Op and Special Activity instead."

This is NOT telling you to add ARVN pieces, it is telling you how to choose where to remove the 3 NVA pieces that the event is letting you remove.

This is telling you that when choosing which "3 NVA pieces" to "remove" (as allowed by the event) choose "a space" (just one) "adjacent to a COIN base" with a population of at least two (or higher if possible) that, if you remove 3 NVA pieces from there will add COIN control. If you can do this in a space with 2+ population (if more than one, then highest population) then go ahead and remove 3 pieces from that space by executing the event. If you cannot do this in a space with 2+ population, then do Op + SA instead.

You played this completely wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a number of these kinds of event instructions that are explained in my bots take on the bots thread.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1666016/bots-take-bots-ii/p...

You may want to walk it through with your own board. I think that it could help you to better understand how the bots handle instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.