6 Posts

Wyatt Earp» Forums » General

Subject: This game is underrated. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have had such a great response with this game with all different groups. Almost every time I introduce the game to a new group, one or more people seek it out and buy it right after we finish the first game. I wish this game got more love.

I have the Eagle gryphon edition and replaced the money with clay poker chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! It's a fantastic multiplayer rummy game. Non-gamers that play card games have always enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
My wife and I LOVE IT as a two player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... count me as an Earp lover! When it seems like we'll never agree what to play first on game night, the good Sheriff Wyatt Earp gallops in to the rescue, with guns blazin',,,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachariah R
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
About 18 months ago, a friend introduced me to the world of board games via King of Tokyo and Dominion. I had been into MTG once upon a time, and so these games immediately sucked me into the hobby.

Fast forward to the present: I own, probably, around 60 games of various kinds and weights (deck-builders, dungeon crawlers, worker placements, abstract strategy, economic/resource management, etc...). As much as I enjoy a heavy, immersive "gamer's game," I believe that light games also have their place at the table.

Since the beginning of 2016, I've been enamored with the exquisite games of the Alea line. Naturally, that led me to Wyatt Earp (and to Mystery Rummy). I first bought (Mystery Rummy) Jack the Ripper, which absolutely blew me away! Then I found that Wyatt Earp was in print with Eagle-Gryphon Games, and I enjoyed Wyatt Earp even more! [This is probably due to the added "reward poster/payout" mechanic and the luck-of-the-draw "shot" mechanic.]

These games are absolutely brilliant in their simplicity and elegance (not to mention, a blast)! Echoing what everyone else has said, the fun and enjoyment has been completely unanimous at the table with every group I've introduced it to (gamers and non-gamers alike).

Over the past several months, I've seen all of the big online retailers (Cool Stuff Inc, Miniature Market, Cardhaus) selling through several batches of Wyatt Earp and Mystery Rummy. It's definitely been gaining back some buzz. I hope to see these games rise to a more deserving ranking here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
We enjoy Al Capone and Escape from Alcatraz as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.