Sans Alliés» Forums » Rules

Subject: Prison camp question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Sometimes I'm the shark; sometimes I'm the swimmer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the presence of a prison camp contribute at all to the difficulty of conquering that enemy region, or does it simply offer a benefit to you once that region has been invaded?

To me the rules would say that it simply offers a benefit, but does not make the enemy region harder to invade. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
adm1 wrote:
Does the presence of a prison camp contribute at all to the difficulty of conquering that enemy region, or does it simply offer a benefit to you once that region has been invaded?

To me the rules would say that it simply offers a benefit, but does not make the enemy region harder to invade. Is that correct?

Correct- it has no effect on actually conquering the territory. However, double-check the rules (mine are buried!) but I believe to actually "free" the POW camp requires 1 additional personnel unit to be discarded.

When free, the POW camp gives a permanent +1 to the personnel strength. So if you free all three, your personnel starts at strength 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Greer
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric is correct, but there is no requirement to spend an extra unit or leave a "garrison" behind. The garrison rule pertains only to the capital and the resource centers. The idea here is that for those installations, sufficient manpower needs to be committed to running the facilities in order to reap the benefits (and maintain control). Notice that no garrison needs to be left if you are going to "scorch the earth" on a resource center. This is how it would be with a prison camp. They'd liberate the prisoners, send them to proper refugee centers, and then loot and torch the camp.

Thanks for the question, and thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.