Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, I absolutely hate it when this phrase is used to describe a game. it seems like many more reviewers are using this when reviewing a game recently.

If you are going to put in the time to produce a video review, edit it, post it, etc please put a little more effort into describing it than using this phrase....it seems like a lazy cop out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right: to me this attitude is nothing else that laziness, in a video !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
Let's put this thread in a box. Then bury it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody has been watching too much of the Dice Tower lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you give an example of this? I'm not clear on what you mean, and I've never come across this phrase in a review myself, so I'd like to understand better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, when reviewers use this sort of statement, it's usually accompanying a lot more details about the game and this statement is usually part of an opening or closing summary. It's also very helpful when giving a short description of a game when trying to decide what to play.I do agree if all that was EVER said in a review was ;This is Star Wars in a box' wouldn't be very helpful, but I've seen no example of this so I have no problem with your complaint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
Can you give an example of this? I'm not clear on what you mean, and I've never come across this phrase in a review myself, so I'd like to understand better

star wars the original trilogy in a box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Any criticism of a title like "[adverb]est [noun] ever!"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Red Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The first draft of Brad Pitt's dialogue in the closing scene of Se7en was pretty ropey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inception: It's a box, in a box, in a box, in a box, in a box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used this to describe games to non or light gamers who are into the subject matter and then went on to explain why. The feeling you get playing it, the theme that will draw out something in the person and how it differs. But I'm not making video reviews. After playing Star Wars Rebellion, it feels to me to be Star Wars the original trilogy in a box... The characters and situations and the overall game gives me the same feeling of watching the movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Heath-Renn
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
235689KA
badge
Content Generation For A New Generation
mbmbmbmbmb
You're 50 years too late to stop it...

Mel Taft wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
..After playing Star Wars Rebellion, it feels to me to be Star Wars the original trilogy in a box... The characters and situations and the overall game gives me the same feeling of watching the movies.

I agree with this. Star Wars Rebellion IS the original trilogy in a box. For Star Wars fans, this means it is a must try game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This thread is like Scrabble tiles in a box,(only arranged to make words and sentences, and posted on an internet forum...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Taylor
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mhutton wrote:

If you are going to put in the time to produce a video review, edit it, post it, etc please put a little more effort into describing it than using this phrase....it seems like a lazy cop out.

How often is this the *entirety* of the description, and not just a throw away jokey phrase used in a fuller review?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.