Subject: When is Long Neck triggered and resolved? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Goldman
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long neck happens before it gets a chance to feed. So it would fill up their population before they have a chance to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bluffcheck20 wrote:
Long neck happens before it gets a chance to feed. So it would fill up their population before they have a chance to attack.

That was an official answer. Benjamin is on the Evolution development team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A long neck carnivore?!

Egads, man! What'll the kids think?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:
A long neck carnivore?!

Egads, man! What'll the kids think?!

laugh

They'll think "Surely that species is an abomination of nature and not fit for long term survival!" And they'd be right. They don't stick around for very long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bluffcheck20 wrote:

So if I had a 2 population species of long neck's, would it get three food from the excess food pile and THEN also get two food from the watering hole? That's how it reads to me. Or, does it get three from the excess, and then only gets to keep 2 of the three since there is only two to the population, so it does not get the third and i also does not feed from the watering hole because it ate from the excess first which filled up the two population?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonicwarhol wrote:
Bluffcheck20 wrote:

So if I had a 2 population species of long neck's, would it get three food from the excess food pile and THEN also get two food from the watering hole? That's how it reads to me. Or, does it get three from the excess, and then only gets to keep 2 of the three since there is only two to the population, so it does not get the third and i also does not feed from the watering hole because it ate from the excess first which filled up the two population?

NO! A species can NEVER eat more food then their Population. Never never never.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
never
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
super Vike
msg tools
mb
Not even the 'fat tissue' traits?

We had a long necked, fat tissued evolution, with a population of 3. He took three from the excess food pile, then took the two from the watering hole for the fat tissue trait.

Is this wrong?

If so, what does the Fat tissue trait do?

(btw, this was out first game, as it was a gift my nephew received)

We had a great time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well yes, there's that. blush

I should have said that a species can never eat more food than their Population allows. Fat Tissue allows each Population to eat an extra food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.