Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions on Schematic Cards (Spoilers!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After completing the missions there are questions I'd like to ask, especially on how later schematic cards interact with rune shield and rune gates.

Zigg

- Point Defense: what colour is the damage? I assume it is colourless but since it is related to a Red card, I'd better ask.

- Short Fuse: does "play a card to their Command line" also constitute putting a damage card on it? Some damage cards are useful.

- Hextech Engine: level 2 indicates that you have to do it for the second time, instead of optional. Am I right? Also, can I use it to pass through a rune gate? If yes, what colour is the movement?

- Mega Inferno Bomb: Boss gets one colourless damage?

Corki

- Squadron Leader: can I use it to pass through a rune gate? If yes, what colour is the movement?

- Afterburner: can I use it to pass through a rune gate? If yes, what colour is the movement?

- Missile Barrage: if the boss stands adjacent to target minion, the damage hits it and is considered as Blue damage?

Heimerdinger

- Tech Support: "scrap a card from their Command Line" means discarding a card or discarding and executing the card's effect?

- I could do that better: if this card copy a Chain Lightning, I assume the damage is Yellow, like the original Chain Lightning?

- Eureka: if I have Skewer in slot 2 and Skewer-Ripsaw in slot 6, can I "reprogram" them into Skewer-Skewer-Ripsaw and put them in any slot? Or just changing their slots but have to maintain the Skewer-Ripsaw configuration?

Tristana

- Explosive Charge: I assume I can damage the Boss using its effect and the damage is colourless?

- Get in Range: can I use it to pass through a rune gate? If yes, what colour is the movement?

- Draw a Bead: typo, it should be Hexmatic Aimbot instead of Hextech Aimbots?

- Boomer: I assume Tristana does not need to face the direction? Does the Boss or giant boulder block Boomer?

(Schematic cards were scanned by Dbriner31).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
After completing the missions there are questions I'd like to ask, especially on how later schematic cards interact with rune shield and rune gates.

Let's see how many of these I can get...

Quote:
- Point Defense: what colour is the damage? I assume it is colourless but since it is related to a Red card, I'd better ask.

The damage is from a schematic, so it is any colour.

Quote:
- Short Fuse: does "play a card to their Command line" also constitute putting a damage card on it? Some damage cards are useful.

This seems to be a no. Playing a card seems limited to Command and Slot Schematic cards. Damage cards are placed on top of a slot rather than played into it. If Damage cards were played, they would trigger other rules, such as discarding the bottom of a Level 3 Slot, which clearly doesn't happen.

Quote:
- Hextech Engine: level 2 indicates that you have to do it for the second time, instead of optional. Am I right? Also, can I use it to pass through a rune gate? If yes, what colour is the movement?

Yes, it should not be optional. It's a Fire card, so would be treated as such, so red and deactivated rune gates could be passed through.

Quote:
- Mega Inferno Bomb: Boss gets one colourless damage?

Rules as written, it doesn't hit the Boss. It kills Minions without doing them damage. Perhaps that's not intended, though.

Quote:
- Squadron Leader: can I use it to pass through a rune gate? If yes, what colour is the movement?

It's Schematic movement and hence has no colour. Only deactivated rune gates could be passed.

Quote:
- Afterburner: can I use it to pass through a rune gate? If yes, what colour is the movement?

It's an Electric card, so yellow and deactivated Rune Gates could be passed.

Quote:
- Missile Barrage: if the boss stands adjacent to target minion, the damage hits it and is considered as Blue damage?

Arguably, this is a new source of damage. Thus, it could be considered to be any colour.

Quote:
- Tech Support: "scrap a card from their Command Line" means discarding a card or discarding and executing the card's effect?

The rules say that scrapping a card allows you to use its Scrap effect, so yes, Scrapping a card from your Command Line does allow you to repair damage or swap undamaged slots, as if you were Scrapping one you drafted.

Quote:
- I could do that better: if this card copy a Chain Lightning, I assume the damage is Yellow, like the original Chain Lightning?

I don't know on this one. It could be always Green, or it could be the colour of the card chosen. This one will need a dev to answer it.

Quote:
- Eureka: if I have Skewer in slot 2 and Skewer-Ripsaw in slot 6, can I "reprogram" them into Skewer-Skewer-Ripsaw and put them in any slot? Or just changing their slots but have to maintain the Skewer-Ripsaw configuration?

Reprogramming is defined in the Scrap to Reprogram section of the rules. You cannot mix or change the stacks, you just exchange stacks with each other into any order.

Quote:
- Explosive Charge: I assume I can damage the Boss using its effect and the damage is colourless?

I assume that too.

Quote:
- Get in Range: can I use it to pass through a rune gate? If yes, what colour is the movement?

Only deactivated Rune Gates, as there is no colour.

Quote:
- Draw a Bead: typo, it should be Hexmatic Aimbot instead of Hextech Aimbots?

Clearly, yes.

Quote:
- Boomer: I assume Tristana does not need to face the direction? Does the Boss or giant boulder block Boomer?

She does not need to and in fact cannot change facing with the card. Only Ripsaw attacks are blocked by obstacles, so Boomer would be unaffected. Imagine it as a missile attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insight, Clipper. I hope someone from Riot can give definite answers on these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Clipper answered most of the questions, but I'll try to provide some more clarification on some of these.

Point Defense, Mega Inferno Bomb, Missile Barrage, Explosive Charge - As a general rule, whenever you use a schematic card to damage a boss, you must pick a color to apply to that damage. There are only a few exceptions to this rule:

1. Cards that specifically state their element type (currently only Level 9 schematics do this).

2. Cards that modify existing commands. Missile Barrage and Gunship directly modify Ripsaw and Aimbot respectively; they don't actively deal damage on their own.

Short Fuse - Only works on command cards. You already execute a damage card before you play it to your line, anyway.

Hextech Engine, Squadron Leader, Afterburner, Get in Range - If a card has an associated element such as Hextech Engine and Afterburner, then you treat them as cards of that type for the purposes of passing through gates, interacting with shields, etc. Otherwise, movement from schematics can be considered "colorless" in the sense that you can only move through deactivated gates. The only exception to this rule is Rocket Jump, which states that it ignores all obstacles and objects until you land, so it wouldn't interact with the gate at all.

I Could Do That Better - This is always a Computery card (green damage, green gates), regardless of what card you choose for it to mimic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to be pedantic, but...
catzpaw wrote:
Short Fuse - Only works on command cards. You already execute a damage card before you play it to your line, anyway.

Slot Schematics count too, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yep, slot schematics would be treated as command cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Harris
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does Tech Support give us the option to scrap a damage card as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Nope, you can only scrap command cards (or more specifically - cards that have a scrap effect listed at the bottom).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So does Boomer fire just in a straight line, like the Ripsaw, or hitting anything on one side, like the bosses axe cannon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
So does Boomer fire just in a straight line, like the Ripsaw, or hitting anything on one side, like the bosses axe cannon?

It's a straight line.

It's like Kaboom! but you only choose one of the eight directions and you can hit more than one minion if programmed appropriately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.