Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Taylor
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I recently won an auction (yay!) and while the shipping was high (but understandable-cross country no flat rate soblue), the games were not shipped well. They were used, but packed terribly and arrived slightly damaged and slightly wet. One ENTIRE side of the shipping box was soaked through and splitting, and the games were wrapped once around with small bubble wrap. When inspected, 2/6 sides of each box were exposed. The volume of games plus peanuts was approximately 2/5 of the volume of the box shake resulting in a lot of movement

Here's my question: Should I demand some satisfaction, and how? The games themselves are almost perfectly fine (inconsequential damage), but the boxes have small splits and or dents in a few corners (across 2 games). I will definitely make sure to let the seller know, but I need to know whether or not to let it go and be a good sport. I'm disappointed, but don't want to overreact. Thanks all in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much do you care about the boxes yourself? Some people see it as part of the game, so any damage to the boxes is damage to the game. Some just see it as a way to pack and don't mind.

Do you plan to sell the games later or trade them away?

If you don't mind about the boxes and plan to keep the games forever, then just send an complaint email to the seller and to the shipping company. Such a mail is easily written and might cause an easy refund of shipping costs. Besides that it might cause changes to the seller or shipping company so that it doesn't happen again. But, in this case don't waste to much time on it and spend time playing the games.

If you care about the boxes or are planning to selling them at one point, then it sounds you can make a big deal of it.

I once had multiple complaints about how some shipping company handled my package and only wrote a mail to the seller. (They were rude to me at the door, one of the packages hit the door hard, but left no damage and the package was incomplete). I got called by the seller, we talked for a few minutes and they gave me the shipping costs back (€50). So even though I didn't expect it, a quick email gave me my money back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.