7 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: When a unit is destroyed, what happens to its tile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim DeForest
msg tools
mbmb
When you kill finish off a unit and flip its tile, does the tile remain in its spot in the River? If so, does it move forward on the River normally when the Overlord activates other units? That would mean that the Overlord would eventually have dead units taking up the front end positions on the tile. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes you can still activate it to move it to the end of the river or you can destroy (return to the box) 2 of the Overlords fatigued gems to remove the tile completely. Also when you do the reinforce action the tiles flip over when their figures are returned... So if you plan to reinforce a destroyed unit it's best to keep if at the lower positions.

The part I'm unsure of is if activating a dead tile or destroying gems to remove a dead tile uses one of your 2 tile actions for the turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kollmer
United States
South Lee
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
So is the OL limited to activating 2 tiles per turn? I assumed the OL used their gems as they wished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonsmogg wrote:
So is the OL limited to activating 2 tiles per turn? I assumed the OL used their gems as they wished.

Overlord book, page 7:
"During the Activation phase, the Overlord can activate up to two tiles in the River."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
When it first dies it gets flipped over and moved to the far right or back of the river. Then it travels down the river like normal. At any point the overlord can either activate it as one of the two tiles and send it back to the end or any point lose two gems to remove both the tile and the gen from the game. It is my understanding that when you reinforce a dead tile it flips back over in its current location and travels down river as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of us online seem to agree that dredging the river does not count as one of your two activations as it is listed in a different section of the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mermuse wrote:
The part I'm unsure of is if activating a dead tile or destroying gems to remove a dead tile uses one of your 2 tile actions for the turn?

No: the section on Activations says you may, in your Activation Phase, activate 2 tiles (and it goes on to describe which actions may be taken). The section on Dredging says you may dredge (discard 2 gems) at any point in the turn. Thus Dredging cannot be an Activation because it can happen outside the Activation Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.