Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own one of the very first preorder copies of Seafall and we only just got around to opening our first unlock after game 2. It appears from another thread listing the contents of that box that we are missing the event cards included inside. I am playing our game 3 tomorrow (Monday) and expecting at least one of the new milestones to be collected, so would greatly appreciate if someone could get me the transcriptions for those cards in individual text or picture files (so I only need to spoil the ones I actually need on a need to know basis), because they get shuffled in mid game and therefore can be relevant to the current game.

As an ex-Magic:TG player, you need not worry that I have sleeves and proxy fodder galore to correct for this oversight while I wait for Plaid Hats to get back to me from the message I had to leave them over Thanksgiving holidays...

If anyone can also provide me with manifests of all the unlockable boxes in a similar format (so I can open them only as need be) that would also help. I'm understandably a bit paranoid about missing more stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here is the event (French version as I assume you're a French speaker ?). looking through my event deck the only one from box 1 seems to be event E.
EVENT E spoiler (in French). (I suggest you prepare an "event e" card for today then read this when it's drawn)
Spoiler (click to reveal)

LES OS AGITÉS

A la fin de la manche, le navire coulé refait surface pour terroriser le bateau le plus proche de la zone marquée de l'autocollant X (si égalité : le joueur avec le titre le plus élevé). Il lance 6 dés. Le bateau terrorisé subit 1 dégât par succès moins sa valeur de cale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have access to a scanner at the moment but if I find the time I might be able to scan the catds of boxes 1 and 2 for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding from some other people who responded to me in PM is that there are five of them: EVENT CARDs E, F, G, H and I

Probably so as not to spoil how many of the milestones in each box actually unlock new events, they provide a bunch of them up front.

This may also mean they were slipped into another box by mistake and I will find them later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
My understanding from some other people who responded to me in PM is that there are five of them: EVENT CARDs E, F, G, H and I

Probably so as not to spoil how many of the milestones in each box actually unlock new events, they provide a bunch of them up front.

This may also mean they were slipped into another box by mistake and I will find them later.

I just checked and you're right... It just happens that only event E of this chest has been opened by us (in game 13 !!).

Event E is the only one that's unlocked by the milestone I think, so i cannot help you with the others but they shouldn't come up too early unless you explore a specific spot or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osuniev wrote:
I just checked and you're right... It just happens that only event E of this chest has been opened by us (in game 13 !!).

Event E is the only one that's unlocked by the milestone I think, so i cannot help you with the others but they shouldn't come up too early unless you explore a specific spot or something.

It sounds as though you might be missing something. To my understanding, every milestone unlocks an event, and most events (but not all) are unlocked by milestones. Since Box 1 had
three milestones in it, three of the events in that box should have been added to the event deck as a result of completing those milestones,

unless you have some old milestones still available, of course.

This makes me wonder if my game has failed to add any events to the deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We unlocked Event card I (which I don't have... thanks Obama!) as part of the milestone that opens Box 2. That means both Event cards E and I were definitely tied to milestones in Box 1, and there's one more milestone from that box left around. I'm curious about the remaining 2 cards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Becq wrote:
It sounds as though you might be missing something. To my understanding, every milestone unlocks an event, and most events (but not all) are unlocked by milestones.

I definitely achieved a milestone that did not unlock an event.

Discovering an ancient tomb does not unlock an event. I've read the entry multiple times to double check, because it was a surprise to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible those event cards are tied to Captain Booke's entries that are available only once new islands can show up or on Uncharted Waters cards, which would make sense on why they show up in that box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
Becq wrote:
It sounds as though you might be missing something. To my understanding, every milestone unlocks an event, and most events (but not all) are unlocked by milestones.

I definitely achieved a milestone that did not unlock an event.

Discovering an ancient tomb does not unlock an event. I've read the entry multiple times to double check, because it was a surprise to me.

This definitely DOES unlock an event card. It's just
part of the box that is unlocked, instead. It's a revealed event card that gets shuffled directly into the deck, as opposed to most others that are in bags.

According to the rules, EVERY milestone unlocks an event card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
much0gust0 wrote:
This definitely DOES unlock an event card. It's just
part of the box that is unlocked, instead. It's a revealed event card that gets shuffled directly into the deck, as opposed to most others that are in bags.

According to the rules, EVERY milestone unlocks an event card.

Okay, that is technically correct. (The best kind of correct!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
It's possible those event cards are tied to Captain Booke's entries that are available only once new islands can show up or on Uncharted Waters cards, which would make sense on why they show up in that box.

I'm 90 % sure that's how event F, G and H can be unlocked. As it is, we haven't unlocked them.

We should have however unlocked event I when unlocking a Milestone, and it reads : (Spoiler event I, in French) :

Le Roi des Pirates réclame un Tribut !

À la fin de la manche, des Pirates (Pillage 9*) attaquent l'entrepôt provincial du avec le plus de ressources.
S'ils obtiennent 3 succès, ils prennent toutes les ressources et ne laissent pas d'Hostilité.

Si les pirates obtiennent 0 ou 1 succès, détruisez cette c, et la province pillée obtient 1 gloire

S'ils obtiennent 2 succès il ne se passe rien.

(*N'oubliez pas d'enlever des dés pour la garnison, les navires en défense et les tours de garde...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.