Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm the regular draft phase, how many cards does each player get to draft in a 2, 3, and 4, player game?

Out of the five cards...
2 player game: each player gets 2 cards?
3 player game: each player gets 1 card?
4 player game: each player gets 1 card?

Is that correct? If not, how exactly does it work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feras H
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
out of the entire draft, 4 cards must be taken, regardless of the amount of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with a three player game the first player gets two card while the other two get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feras H
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep (first player picks 1 card first, and another card after everybody else, not 2 in a row)

and when you do a "double draft" everybody receives 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got it! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry for being a month late to this thread, but I just dug into my copy and have the same question - sort of.

Because the "Filed Guide & Textbook", page 6, it makes it sound like that every player drafts two cards, unless you're playing the Tutorial mission. I'm confused because the wording in the book says:

"The first Player Draft of any Mission past the tutorial is a Double Draft."

That sounds pretty clear to me and I don't understand how that can be construed any differently than: "After you play the Tutorial, any mission after that requires a Double Draft". Yet that's not how everyone else is playing, as is evident by the replies to this thread. So where am I going wrong? Perhaps its because I haven't played yet, that I'm not seeing it?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
So after the tutorial, the first draft of each mission is a double draft. Only the first one of each mission though - beyond that you play out the drafts normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

catzpaw wrote:
So after the tutorial, the first draft of each mission is a double draft. Only the first one of each mission though - beyond that you play out the drafts normally.

Ah! (slapping hand on forehead)... It's the first player draft, not the first player draft!

I get it now. Doh!

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.