Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
Look at my spooky glowing eyes!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

For the next KS campaign would you prefer seeing a Greek Myth Season 2 to obtain the many other Gods, Monsters, and Heroes left unused from Greek Myth or would you prefer moving on to new a Mythology like Norse or Egyptian?

Poll

Would you prefer seeing Greek Myth Season 2 or a New Mythology?
Greek Myth Season 2
New Mythology
      142 answers
Poll created by NecroNuke9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No contest. Egyptian or Norse mythology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hijo de Cain
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asian or Norse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other... New Game!

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AR Key
msg tools
No chance we are getting another greek season. Maybe a kind of crossover with some minis, but not a full KS.

If they keep the system (not sure if this is the word), i think we will have Norse, since they have plenty of gods, monsters, and probably troops. They also have a good bunch of heroes (plenty of mythologies have a lack of these...)

I would like some oriental or prehispanic mythology, tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how Babylonian mythology would play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well .. if they want to do an expansion with all the Gods and heroes we missed .. I won't mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would prefer to see the entire greek pantheon fleshed out before moving on.

I'm not that interested in adding a whole new mythology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean E.
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for a new mythology. I'd like to see Norse gods with the potential for a cross-over to Blood Rage and/or Conan again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Norse seems like the best choice yes, because it has all the stuff that is needed for this formula: Gods, Heroes, monsters and troops. Also plenty of female heroes in the form of the valkyries, and female gods and monsters too.

It's a bit overplayed perhaps, but considering how deep they go into greek mythology I am certain that they can offer a great mix of the familiar and less familiar sights of norse mythology.

What I WOULD suggest them to do for the next seasons of mythic battles is to give each season's figurines a different base color. To give them a sense of unity. Might also be good for balance sake to not allow a mixed team consisting of norse and greek units. Can fight each other but not with each other.

Otherwise when making the next season, they would have to consider if the synergies with new units won't get too overpowered with past season's units too. Especially if they want to make even more than two seasons it might get very troublesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
NORSE !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in the end they will probably go with something well known like the norse theme, even if it us overused or just because of it.

if you look at this ks, aside from game mechanics it thrives on a theme where people recognize characters by name and iconic visuals. Even all the sometimes heated debates about specific chars and their artistic representation are in the end a positive sign that people have an own vision of things and the passion to argue for it ( aside from being the internet where arguing is the bread and butter of discourse )

So while picking a less used but interesting theme will support the learning experience (of a fictional reboot of a myth ...) it will probably never gain the forward momentum of people waiting for or demanding specific theme-driven characters. If you look at the number of units used in this ks, finding a comparable number of well known units in the other themes that came up so far (Egypt, Babylonian, Celtic, ...) will be hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Indeed, it might cause the interest to fade after the first expansion already if you presume they aim for the same amount of content as for this one.

With norse mythology they have plenty to offer, enough to match this game in content.

Giants, dwarves, valkyries, trolls, wolves, the kraken, a wide phanteon of gods that people are very familiar with, vikings, longboats..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Marks
United States
Sioux falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Other... New Game!

Bye
Thanee

+1

I would prefer they create a new game system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ladislav Pechal
Czech Republic
Vsetin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norse or Celtic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Aztec/Mayan would be an interesting change of pace...very colorful and boards would look incredible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.