Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a mission tonight (rescue) which had an eliminate hostiles keyword. All of the hostile so I drew were range zero, and I hadn't moved onto the objective, so they all moved off it to engage my guys. So, the next turn, I moved a guy onto the objective card. My question is whether I have to kill the guys who moved off the card on the previous turn. The way it's worded it implies I do, I just wanted to be sure.

The fate of the mission rests on this. If I don't have to kill them I win. If I do, I lost, because the last guy was an officer and I could only suppress him because of his 4 defeat cover and the dice failing me (they had been very good to me earlier).

The second question was intertwined with this. One of the hostiles who showed up at the objective was a stragglers card. It has the rear-most keyword, so I deployed it on the card before the objective where all my guys were located. The guy they targeted was the one who moved onto the mission vary. Had they survived, would they have followed him onto the mission card? I think they would because there was no Maintain keyword, and that doesn't seem very straggler like, so I wanted to confirm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to kill them all - even when they leave the objective.
I use a spare counter to track these that need to be eliminated.

The Stragglers are just that... Hostiles that have been left behind by your advance - low on ammo and morale they are not the greatest of threats - until they turn out to be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.