Game of Thrones: The Iron Throne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Margery Tyrell - Leader Rule Scenario Confrmation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Chang
msg tools
mb
Tyrell is the challenger, Margery is the Leader;
Tyrell has one influence left to spread to win and is attacking the defender with no Tyrell influence;
Whether Tyrell wins or loses - Tyrell gets to spread that influence to the defending player correct?

If defender wins - Margery has leader rule to spread influence to a player with no Tyrell Influence.
If defender loses - then Tyrell can by rights of winning spread the influence.

Is there any way to prevent this? Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you are correct, yes. I don't think there's any way to prevent it because I haven't seen any cards or other abilities that prevent leader abilities from triggering.

With Margaery Tyrell as the leader, you simply cannot allow them to get within 1 influence of winning when there are other players that don't have Tyrell influence, otherwise this becomes a genuine concern.

The only other way to prevent Tyrell from winning in the encounter that you describe is for somebody else to win by spreading influence during the resolution phase of that encounter, as Margaery's ability triggers after the resolution phase - but that would require Tyrell to accept somebody else's assistance on the attack and quite honestly that would be a daft thing to do in the circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.