Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Cooperative game with potential traitor twist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Judson Miller
msg tools
Hello and thanks in advance for any help. I was in a game shop in Portland a few months ago and they recommended a Betrayal at House on the Hill. My wife nixed it because she didn't like the idea of a traitor. So then they recommended a game which sounded fun and has a POTENTIAL traitor. It is a cooperative game with a potential traitor twist mid-game. Other than that I don't have much to go on. It was actually a toy store with lot of games, so it really is not likely to be a super obscure title. Secondly, my memory of the description is that it has a role playing aspect to it.

Okay, sorry if that is not enough info. I will likely recognize the title if someone comes up with it!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows over Camelot?

Players are constrained what they can say, so role-playing. And it is not certain there is a traitor in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game? has a potential traitor and the most popular of this type right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Room 25
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archipelago?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judson Miller
msg tools
Nailed it! I think ... I looked at the game a bit here on BGG and I think that is the one. Thanks! Honestly after listening to a few review it seems a bit heavy for my taste but I still appreciate the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I hadn't realised archepelago had hidden traitor - might have to look more into that one :-)

If you wanted a game like that though, room 25 might work for you as not heavy at all and you have a choice to play co-operatively or with a hidden traitor or all out war lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimson Creek is a horror game with deduction elements where if you are the traitor, you might not even know it. The theme involves the spirit of a murderer taking over the body of one of the townsfolk to murder the rest. I think at six players there is a traitor, and at lower counts, there may be one.

I have not played it, but it seems to be an interesting take on the genre.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
judo artist wrote:
Nailed it! I think ...

Which one was it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew T
msg tools
mbmbmb
esswhy wrote:
judo artist wrote:
Nailed it! I think ...

Which one was it?

Saboteur laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judson Miller
msg tools
esswhy wrote:
judo artist wrote:
Nailed it! I think ...

Which one was it?

It was Dead of Winter, as soon as I looked at the cover design I recognized it. Sorry to leave you hanging!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.