$5.00
$20.00
$30.00
$15.00
Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Space Empires: Replicators» Forums » General

Subject: Dreaming of a 3" box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Aldén
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any chance we might see a big box for this expansion?

Right now there seems to be a bit over 1000 pre-orders on P500 and the expansion has made the cut but I've always felt that the P500 is a bit opaque so I don't know what this means. Is it too late to wish for a big box?

(The latest GMT update has Replicators scheduled for May - June 2017).
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
yes - agreed it would be nice - even thicker!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or heck, a sanely sized player board that's not twice the thickness of all other game boards in the industry would be nice, too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a box that could hold everything!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
Or heck, a sanely sized player board that's not twice the thickness of all other game boards in the industry would be nice, too.


Agree.

In fact, a decent paper map or two would solve all these problems. Can't understand the preference a big chunky mounted board here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
achates wrote:
Coren wrote:
Or heck, a sanely sized player board that's not twice the thickness of all other game boards in the industry would be nice, too.


Agree.

In fact, a decent paper map or two would solve all these problems. Can't understand the preference a big chunky mounted board here.


I like mounted boards. Dislike paper mats.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
achates wrote:
Coren wrote:
Or heck, a sanely sized player board that's not twice the thickness of all other game boards in the industry would be nice, too.


Agree.

In fact, a decent paper map or two would solve all these problems. Can't understand the preference a big chunky mounted board here.


I like mounted boards. Dislike paper mats.


I'm fine with mounted, but GMT uses obscenely thick mounted boards to no benefit. The board takes up huge amount of space in the box. While I don't have issues with SE4X, some of their other games I can never get to lay flat, either. Other companies use normal thickness boards which are lighter, take up less space, and lay flatter.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.