Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we all know there are some scale issues with this game. The game is awesome otherwise. I know that heroclix has several awesome turtle sculpts (some pricey and some cheap). Some of these are jumping, swinging weapons, and look larger than the turtles from this game (which would be perfect!!).

Anyone have any of the heroclix models and this game? If so could you take a pic of the different heroclix sculpts along side the minis from this game?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
You should post this in the Facebook group, as I think you'll be more likely to get the response you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have pictures, but the HeroClix are very close to the same scale as the retail IDW figures, just a couple milimeters shorter. On the Facebook group, folks have been goofing around with using HeroClix figures as proxies for customs, like Metalhead and the Rat King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get pics yet but purchased a bunch of different heroclix models. I cut them off their dials and glued them on clear bases. The turtles are indeed a little shorter than the limited edition turtle characters, but a little larger (or the same size) as the other set of production turtle minis from the set.

I bought various heroclix minis to replace the street thugs, armed thugs, all foot clan dudes, the shredder, april, etc. The heroclix minis are either prepainted in a proper cartoony scheme or paint up quickly to match the card artwork without priming or any prep. They are all about the same size too!

I am not replacing the super shredder, bebop or rocksteady, as I figured they would be larger anyway. The game is absolutely perfect once I had the pre painted turtles minis on clear bases, all the same scale as their enemies! (scale was the only downside to the game I could find).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Thompson
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm resurrecting the thread.
I actually like the sculpts of the game minis. I have the retail version and wanted to show the difference in dimension for those of you considering using HeroClix for custom characters. The HeroClix minis below are all mounted on Reaper Mini 1" diam bases.

The Heroclix Casey Jones #005 from Heroes in the Half shell set is in multiple photos because I figure he's a good standard being about the size of many of the Thug and gang members and only slightly taller than the ninjas. If Casey is 6'2" tall (which I found on a characteristic card online) and the Heroclix figure is 1.437" tall. 74" divided by 1.437 = 51.5 or about 1/52 scale.

As reinforcement, heroclix April O'Neil #011 is 1.312" tall and I found on an old video game clip she is listed as being 5'8" tall. 68" divided by 1.312" = 51.8 or about 1/52 scale.

1/52 scale also make more sense for the cars which occupy about 2.5" length of squares on the board. (52 * 2.5 = 130" or 10' 10" = short car or almost an old 1980's jeep CJ-5). An added benefit is that 1/52 scale is about the same as O model train (1:48 scale), so you can buy 3D things like trash cans and they will only be slightly too large.

The cartoon version ninjas are nice and threatening looking as enemies, and a great height standing just between April and Casey's height (about 6'0" in scale). I have the Eastman style Heroclix Turtles, but there are 80's style cartoon heroclix turtle variations as well. There are a variety of Ninjas holding different weapons (Katana, Sai, Nunchuka, Kama, Bo staff) to face off against the Turtles. 3 of each type and you've got more basic foot ninjas than the board game comes with.

I don't have the works version to compare figures like Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady or Mousers, but I do have the April O'Neil retail figure and as you can see, she is massive in scale with the other board game minis. If she were standing up-right she'd be as tall as the Foot Bruiser. She'd be about twice as tall as the Heroclix April. The Mousers on the other hand I like the best of all. They just look "right" for the scale of the heroclix.

The Thug Gunners and Thug Brawlers stand-ins are just various Heroclix figures from both TMNT as well as batman et.al that have either guns (gunners) or weaponless (brawler). I just did searches for "heroclix thug" and gang, etc. Like the Ninjas the added benefit is a variety of sculpts.

-Terry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
The scale issues and the (mostly) lackluster sculpts really turned me off on this game, so I ended up using only TMNT Heroclix minis with this game. They're just...overall better.

Shadows of the past is pretty fun, but the quality of the minis was disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the Heroclix Mousers. They are much more in line with the scale in the original comics (for me anyways).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.