7 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Side Scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
I'm curious to know whether or not side scenarios can thematically be integrated into a campaign -- For instance, at any point during the core campaign does it make thematic sense for the investigators to take on the Curse of the Rougarou, or not really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
I would say that the core campaign suffers, from being very, action filled. With the whole story supposed to happen in 1 night. Therefore thematically it only fits after the campaign if you survive. Meanwhile mechanically i would say especially some characters would not be able to do very well after the core campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thematically, not really. Unless you do it after concluding the Core campaign. Mechanically, it's best to do Curse of the Rougarou after the first scenario (I've only played this far atm). The instructions for campaign play say use the same chaos bag, don't add anything. So you won't have the Elder Thing chaos token in your chaos bag to contend with at this point in time. But I'm not sure how much of a fighting chance this would give you, I hear this is a tough scenario. @_@
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It does cost 1 EXP per person to go to the side missions though just as a FYI if doing campaign.

The mission is very hard. Played it as a standalone, 3 people with 2 cores and got beat pretty bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
It does cost 1 EXP per person to go to the side missions though just as a FYI if doing campaign.

This is the first I've heard of the "entrance fee", that's hilarious. Can 1 player pay the cost for the group? Or does each player have to contribute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:
scourn1 wrote:

This is the first I've heard of the "entrance fee", that's hilarious. Can 1 player pay the cost for the group? Or does each player have to contribute?

Each investigator must have 1 experience to go. I believe it even mentions that later side quests could cost more, but I could be imagining that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:
scourn1 wrote:

Presumably because you can get stuff on it so it sort of tries to balance out with making you spend XP (maybe)? Haven't played it myself yet though, but now quite intrigued hearing that it's hard because we just came off a first scenario where we're in a pretty strong position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.