Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Castle Ravenloft PC demo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
G'day all,

I've been working on a PC version of the Castle Ravenloft board game in my spare time as a way to play the game without dragging the board game away with my on trips and I thought you might like to check it out.

It's still very much a work in progress with some missing features such as scans of the cards so you know what each power does, etc and an adventure editor so you can design your own adventures.

Currently you can play any of the heroes in the 1st solo adventure from the adventure book.

Thanks go out to the Tilesystem for allowing me to use their scans of the tiles and heroes.

Here's the link (~15Mb):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zh25a310szzpjfl/cr.zip

Works on Win 7, 8, 10 computers. (Does not work on Win XP).

Cheers

LB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting, looks like you have a real good start there!

I'm just curious, but have you ever considered going in the direction of Mansions of Madness & Decent and creating an automated system for the D&D sets? Something that would randomize the dungeon tiles, monsters, treasures, traps, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
I haven't seen the new apps for those games so therefore I hadn't thought about that approach, but it's definitely possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United States
Spring/Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi there,

I just tried to download the file, but it's only around 140 KB.

Can you verify the link? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
Try the link again. I just checked the link and it downloaded fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maraviglia
msg tools
mb
Don't mean to resurrect an old post - but did you ever do anything more with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
Unfortunately real life got in the way and I haven't progressed it any further although the intent is to still work on it.

Is there anything you'd like to see as a priority?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Armstrong
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't bother. The developers said that if the game does well they'd do the others in the series.

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/digital-games/pcmac/tales-ca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.