8 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does the TNT Charge work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B
Canada
flag msg tools
Just have to say how impressed I am by this game already. Quality is outstanding and have only had a few questions so far (FAQ already out is also extremely impressive)

My question is about how a TNT Charge works? I can't tell if you have to instantly "blow up a TNT charge" as the rules say to place it red side up two times in the description: once on objective with the commando placing it; and then again on the terrain when I decide to "blow up TNT charge".

I would have guessed that you place the TNT charge token with the green side up ON the objective, allowing you to move your commando away (what's the range assuming it has any?) to a safe tile before detonating it (flipping to red side) at your discretion later.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having got to the objective, you spend a 1 AP action to place the TNT on it's RED side. Then you bravely run away

ANY commando can then perform a 0 AP action to detonate the TNT once you are safely out of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
flag msg tools
Makes sense to me now! I had thought the TNT charge included the detonator and was linked to the commando placing it.

Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the reason why it's the red side is to show that a commando placed the TNT for detonation and it's not a token waiting to be picked up.

I was confused about this one as well at first. The complete rule for TNT should have been fully explained in the equipment area instead of having to hunt around to find the second part of its detonation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip: you can aso use the TNT on any tile (even if there is no objective on it) to create a trap!

Super tip: place a crowbar to barricade an enemy entrance and a TNT on the tile in contact with this enemy entrance. When all enemy units will kick the barricade down, they will enter the tile with the TNT and BOOM! you blow up the TNT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
Tip: you can aso use the TNT on any tile (even if there is no objective on it) to create a trap!

Super tip: place a crowbar to barricade an enemy entrance and a TNT on the tile in contact with this enemy entrance. When all enemy units will kick the barricade down, they will enter the tile with the TNT and BOOM! you blow up the TNT

Now that is a cool idea, I like a good combo.

Are you sure your name isn't Baldrick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
... IF the enemies don't move away from the room offcourse. Most of the time they don't stay in a room for long.

But it's a great tip. The game has many possibilities and thus a high replay value. thumbsup

The Germans would enter the tile with the TNT on it in their MOVE step, not the reinforcement step, so they're stuck there for a whole turn. ANY commando can then trigger the TNT for a 0 AP action. Those guys are dead meat !

In any case, however they arrive there, by reinforcement or move, Any commando can then interrupt between German phases and spend a 0 AP action to trigger the TNT, see the box at the bottom of page 6 in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you DjaliRiot and chadnorth !
mbmb
Ah yes, after reading the rulebook a fourth time I see at page 6 that you can perform an action with 0 action point cost at other times...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.