Subject: I suck, and two questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Petersen
United States
Stanwood
WA
flag msg tools
I've played the 1st scenario two times solo as Roland and two as Wendy. Lost all 4. This last time got fairly close to winning so I'm getting better.

Two questions:

On the agenda card, 3A, it says at the end of the round, place a doom token on the doom track for each ghoul in the hallway or parlor.

I was engaged in the hallway with two ghouls and during one of my turns, I moved Wendy to the Cellar. She still had the two ghouls engaged but now they were not in the Hallway or Parlor so they did not count as doom tokens at the end of the round...was that ok for me to do? And, I assume it does not matter if those ghouls are engaged or not, as long as they are in the hallway or parlor, they count as a doom token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Farquhar
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1: I (Wendy) was engaged in the hallway with two ghouls and during one of my turns, I moved Wendy to the Cellar. She still had the two ghouls engaged but now they were not in the Hallway or Parlor so they did not count as doom tokens at the end of the round...was that ok for me to do?

A: Yes. Also, when you moved Wendy, did you give the 2 Ghouls their Attacks of Opportunity on her?

Q2: And, I assume it does not matter if those ghouls are engaged or not, as long as they are in the hallway or parlor, they count as a doom token?

A: Yes, you count each of them to determine that you would place 2 doom tokens on the Agenda card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is true that a ghoul counts towards the added doom whether they are engaged or not. However, the ghouls in the cellar will ready during the Upkeep Phase, then according to the Agenda card they will move to the Hallway at the end of the round. This means they will add two additional doom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Petersen
United States
Stanwood
WA
flag msg tools
Doesn't the card say only ghouls that are not engaged move toward the parlor. My two ghouls with Wendy were still emgaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Right. Only unengaged ghouls move, including if they're exhausted. So Wendy in the cellar with an icy ghoul, she might evade, sneak attack, then opt to spend her third action re-engaging the ghoul just so that it can't move into the hallway and add a doom tick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
enemies engaged with you move with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct because the Forced reaction on They're Getting Out happens at the end of the enemy phase, which is before the refresh phase the Ghouls will move before they have an opportunity to unexhausted and reengage Wendy. She would need to reengage them. If your strategy is to evade enemies primarily in scenario one then you really need to rush to finish the scenario before They're Getting Out comes in play because that will become a very huge hindrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.