Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As he says, don't just talk on the internet. It's time to actively support people who are going to be under threat so donate to Planned Parenthood, Maldev, National Resources Defense Council, International Refugee Assitance Project, NAACP defense fund, and other groups who will help people in the crosshairs.

And he points out if you need a laugh, you can donate money to these organizations for your trump supporting relatives. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be "What you should've always done" Pay voluntarily for the things you support rather than stealing money from others to support your own personal pet project.

Go ahead and put my name on it, so I can get the tax deduction and put that money toward my projects. Brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
ironcates wrote:
Should be "What you should've always done" Pay voluntarily for the things you support rather than stealing money from others to support your own personal pet project.

Go ahead and put my name on it, so I can get the tax deduction and put that money toward my projects. Brilliant!
What about "Corporate Welfare" of those that already HAVE enough $$$$ ? Why should OUR public finances enrich their coffers? How much of the public maintain the TRILLIONS in "offshore accounts"? Yeah, too many! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Oliver Had *A LOT MORE* To Say About President-Elect Trump

John Oliver had A LOT MORE TO SAY about President-elect Trump than that contained in that video excerpt above:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:

National "project" spending.
Amount of tax dollars spent on "my" projects
XX.

Amount of tax dollars spent on "your" projects
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Taxes paid vs benefits received

Amount of annual tax paid by average citizen
$$

Amount of federal tax dollars sent back to my state.
$
Amount of federal tax dollars sent to the red states on average
$$$$

Hypocritical much? Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
ironcates wrote:

What about "Corporate Welfare" of those that already HAVE enough $$$$ ? Why should OUR public finances enrich their coffers? How much of the public maintain the TRILLIONS in "offshore accounts"? Yeah, too many! shake
No arguement from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
ironcates wrote:

XX.

$$

$
$$$$

Hypocritical much? Yes.

What projects do you think I want tax dollars to go towards? I'm a voluntarist that thinks taxation is theft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
ironcates wrote:

XX.

$$

$
$$$$

Hypocritical much? Yes.

What projects do you think I want tax dollars to go towards? I'm a voluntarist that thinks taxation is theft.

How do you differ from the stated Republican plank and spending goals?

I havnt seen evidence of a difference in your past posts; hence the basis for my posts (along with net federal revenue analysis showing red and small states take more money than they pay.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Hey, John Oliver:

Why don't you go back to being a comedian?

Thanks,

Your former fans.

Also, you were so wrong about the election.

Finally, liberals love paying taxes, I guess.

At least Oliver is still funny, unlike Bill Maher. I don't know who told him that throwing out insults and mugging for the camera with a smug look on his face was funny, but they need to be slapped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
Hey, John Oliver:

Thanks,

Your former fans.

At least Oliver is still funny, unlike Bill Maher. I don't know who told him that throwing out insults and mugging for the camera with a smug look on his face was funny, but they need to be slapped.

Actually, the closer trump got to winning the less,smug and more funny Maher got. Winning too long and being on the winning side made Maher unbearably smug and unfunny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
Hey, John Oliver:

Thanks,

Your former fans.

Actually, the closer trump got to winning the less,smug and more funny Maher got. Winning too long and being on the winning side made Maher unbearably smug and unfunny.

So he's like RSP, yeah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
Hey, John Oliver:

Thanks,

Your former fans.

I found Maher got unbearably smug during the Bush years, so I can't imagine him being better with Trump being the President Elect. It's sort of like Dennis Miller. I found Miller less and less funny and more and more preachy after Bush won.

Maybe it's gotten better, but they've lost any good will I might have had to give them a second chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
Hey, John Oliver:

Thanks,

Your former fans.

I found Maher got unbearably smug during the Bush years, so I can't imagine him being better with Trump being the President Elect. It's sort of like Dennis Miller. I found Miller less and less funny and more and more preachy after Bush won.

Maybe it's gotten better, but they've lost any good will I might have had to give them a second chance.

Miller stopped telling jokes so not really the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
ironcates wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
ironcates wrote:

XX.

$$

$
$$$$

Hypocritical much? Yes.

I havnt seen evidence of a difference in your past posts; hence the basis for my posts (along with net federal revenue analysis showing red and small states take more money than they pay.)
I'd like to go to zero spending derived from taxation. Absent that, a night watchman minarchist state only set up to protect from abuse to enforce the non-aggression principle. We could do that well on a 10% flat tax or maybe even just a luxury tax on alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. All social services and education should be done through charitable voluntary giving. All infrastructure should be financed by landowners and donors.

Granted my system won't happen over night but moving toward true freedom from the ruling class is the goal. It may take a few hundred years but it's the goal that's important not the time it takes. Invention and abundance are on the horizon in energy, water, education, space exploration and more. I'm optimistic entrepreneurs will solve many of these problems and I invest in companies working on these things. I don't beg the government to steal from people to do it for me.

I'm for totally open borders so long as there's not a social welfare system taxing the residents to pay for people to flood in. If there's a social welfare system doing that, common sense dictates there needs to be a wall.

Tax payer dollars going to bail out gambling banks, go to war, or fund things like planned parenthood that a good portion of the society find abhorrent don't make any sense to me at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
ironcates wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
ironcates wrote:

XX.

$$

$
$$$$

Hypocritical much? Yes.

I'd like to go to zero spending derived from taxation. Absent that, a night watchman minarchist state only set up to protect from abuse to enforce the non-aggression principle. We could do that well on a 10% flat tax or maybe even just a luxury tax on alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. All social services and education should be done through charitable voluntary giving. All infrastructure should be financed by landowners and donors.

Granted my system won't happen over night but moving toward true freedom from the ruling class is the goal. It may take a few hundred years but it's the goal that's important not the time it takes. Invention and abundance are on the horizon in energy, water, education, space exploration and more. I'm optimistic entrepreneurs will solve many of these problems and I invest in companies working on these things. I don't beg the government to steal from people to do it for me.

I'm for totally open borders so long as there's not a social welfare system taxing the residents to pay for people to flood in. If there's a social welfare system doing that, common sense dictates there needs to be a wall.

Tax payer dollars going to bail out gambling banks, go to war, or fund things like planned parenthood that a good portion of the society find abhorrent don't make any sense to me at all.

So more of an anarchist idealist than a conservative. In that case, I'll withdraw my statement as applying to you.

I think your proposed system would collapse almost immediately into oligarchy and oppression but I get that you are not proposing cutting all services for me while at the same time continuing to vote for massive wasteful spending to provide you with jobs in your state.

We don't have a few hundred years. What inhabits this continent in a few hundred years won't remotely resemble today's government and probably not the government that came after today's government. A few hundred years ago the queen of great britain was meeting the four mohawk kings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
Hey, John Oliver:

He was funny once?

I'd honestly never heard of the guy until he became the new share-on-social-media "America-bashing British-accented douche" who was always DESTROYING conservatives with his sarcastic commentary.

Ugh.

He's funny on community

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.