Michael B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm trying to wrap my head around the expansions, as well as the game, and I feel like the answer should be "just get all of the expansions if you want to experience Happiness". And lord knows, I am tempted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry aka ventzlav
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmb
1.Dragon King - brings new campaign.
2.Sunstalker - brings new campaign.
3.Gorm - adds new Monster to the Hunt, starting Lantern Year 2.

other's are debatable and out of $200 KS "expansions budget".

the first three is great start for a new player. you will have 3 different campaigns and also a solid Monster for the early game used in two of the three campaigns (Dragon expansion plays alone).

long story short it looks like that.

or just get a dragon, cause both the mini is awesome and it has a great campaign and get whatever mini you like the most. it will either get you a monster to hunt (Quarry), or the monster that will hunt you (Nemesis) =)

the only thing I'm buying the Lonely Tree expansion the last. but it's just my take. and it's 'cause it's big and I don't have much storage. and I like other minis more than this one. and 'cause it adds in my opinion the content I'm less interested in.
but all of them are greatly shaped up.

Also there might be a new "big" new expansion revealed with a new campaign or campaign variant, so that one might be a good addition as well.
however, it's just my speculations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry aka ventzlav
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmb
fen,

did BBG give you Moderator accuont already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
This one has been answered many many times. Search button is your friend.

The answer is universally:

Sunstalker, Dragon King, Gorm, Dung Beetle Knight and for Nemesis monsters - Manhunter or Lion Knight

If you have any questions in the future related to the KS, getting the game the first time etc. Use this thread instead of starting a new one and increasing the noise on this forum.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monst...

Thanks!
I tried using it to look for expansion and it gave me every instance someone even mentioned "expansion" in a reply, because I don't know how to do fancy searches. And the thread you linked didn't answer my question in the numbered section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ventzlav wrote:
1.Dragon King - brings new campaign.
2.Sunstalker - brings new campaign.
3.Gorm - adds new Monster to the Hunt, starting Lantern Year 2.

other's are debatable and out of $200 KS "expansions budget".

the first three is great start for a new player. you will have 3 different campaigns and also a solid Monster for the early game used in two of the three campaigns (Dragon expansion plays alone).

long story short it looks like that.

or just get a dragon, cause both the mini is awesome and it has a great campaign and get whatever mini you like the most. it will either get you a monster to hunt (Quarry), or the monster that will hunt you (Nemesis) =)

the only thing I'm buying the Lonely Tree expansion the last. but it's just my take. and it's 'cause it's big and I don't have much storage. and I like other minis more than this one. and 'cause it adds in my opinion the content I'm less interested in.
but all of them are greatly shaped up.

Also there might be a new "big" new expansion revealed with a new campaign or campaign variant, so that one might be a good addition as well.
however, it's just my speculations.
Thank you very much. Sounds like the answer is "really, you should just get it all" and I'm sorely tempted. If I can scrounge the money together I'm going to try to get an every-expansion thing, otherwise I suppose it will just be Dragon King and Sunstalker for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
If you have any questions in the future related to the KS, getting the game the first time etc. Use this thread instead of starting a new one and increasing the noise on this forum.

Please keep any further posts like this one to yourself instead of spamming everyone's threads.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
KevBelisle wrote:
Styfen wrote:

Please keep any further posts like this one to yourself instead of spamming everyone's threads.

Don't encourage bad behavior. There's a sticky thread specifically for questions like this. Fen was polite, answered the query and redirected the person there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
It's largely a matter of taste. For example, one of the things that got me into Kingdom Death was the disturbing menace of the monsters. Their appearance matters to me; other gamers don't care much about that. Since to me the Sunstalker looks like a pile of turds with some grandma's lost dentures stuck in--repulsive, but hardly menacing--I rate it relatively low compared to people whose main concern is getting the best gear they can from a fight. The converse is true of the Dragon King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
Styfen wrote:

Thanks!

So you are going to go around and object to his objecting posts by posting a reply every time he posts?

Should I start posting this on every one of your replies to his replies? Forum magic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
KevBelisle wrote:
Styfen wrote:

Thanks!

So you are going to go around and object to his objecting posts by posting a reply every time he posts?

Should I start posting this on every one of your replies to his replies? Forum magic!

Yes, please do!

That way, everyone will get pissed at the useless spam, and we'll all stop spamming useless shit (including Styfen) - I win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
That way, everyone will get pissed at the useless spam

Yup...

KevBelisle wrote:
and we'll all stop spamming useless shit

Ooh, ooh. Ooh. I'm not sure you are familiar with how the internet typically works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
esin .
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Man, I've come close to grabbing Gorm from the universal praise it's been getting, but the mini is so goddamn ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esin wrote:
Man, I've come close to grabbing Gorm from the universal praise it's been getting, but the mini is so goddamn ugly.

I think that's the whole point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:
I tried using it to look for expansion and it gave me every instance someone even mentioned "expansion" in a reply, because I don't know how to do fancy searches. And the thread you linked didn't answer my question in the numbered section.

I wouldn't feel bad if I were you. Some people subscribe to games and then get upset because people are posting threads they don't want to get in their subscription box. That's not on you, that's on them.

The search feature on this site for threads is absolutely terrible. It is no wonder to me that you started up a new thread. Anything is better that resorting to searching. If the people who pester you for starting up a new thread really cared, they'd try to get to the root of the problem, the poor search functionality, instead of focusing on the symptom, people posting threads they find redundant because they are subscribed to the forum while the OP isn't. I imagine pestering the owners of the site would be less time consuming for them than going after every poster who posts something they feel is redundant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry aka ventzlav
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmb
this so called spammer is one of the best KD:M painters I've seen and also definitely not a spammer =)))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.