Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put this question in the Guadalcanal forum, but I think it was also good to post this question here too for the developpers ....:

----

As a big fan of CoH, I would like to know when the promised solo expansion of Guadalcanal is coming out ?

It IS mentioned in the rule book and as I play my CoH games for 95% in SOLO mode, I simply can not play Guadalcanal with 90% of the firefights using hidden set up and movement.

It was already odd that after this hugely and critical acclaimed Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion was published for the CoH system, we now are stuck with an expansion that simply can't be played in solo mode (not even 2 sided).

So help us please ... to start planning.

-

And while you are at it: How will the solo mode be implemented with the postponed Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943 ? Yet another solo expansion ?

I mean this IS an incredible awesome AI agent you got there ... now ... could we actually ... enjoy it in other CoH games too ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We plan on releasing the solo expansion for each game about a year after the games release into distribution. This gives us time to develop and play test the solo fully and does not delay the release of the base game until the solo expansion is complete.

Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of some solo content for Price of Honor owners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
telengard wrote:
Any chance of some solo content for Price of Honor owners?

We do not plan on releasing solo content for Price of Honor because we want to focus on releasing solo content for Guadalcanal and Storms of Steal.

I believe I read that a fan was adapting some of the firefights for solo play though.

Gunter
Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes,I put some solo scenarios for Price of Honor together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer Gunter.

I hope you polish them as usual before release. In the meantime I will try to catch up on playing 2 player scenarios with the solo card spend mechanics from the Polish expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can uuse the solo expansion for Price of Honour. It works very well. Happy Holidays. - Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the solo box for Storms of Steel work with the first edition, or only second edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I play tested them several times to get them right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Young
United States
Dayton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
We plan on releasing the solo expansion for each game about a year after the games release into distribution. This gives us time to develop and play test the solo fully and does not delay the release of the base game until the solo expansion is complete.

Gunter
Academy Games

I notice the current solo expansion is labeled "Eastern Front" as opposed to "Awakening the Bear;" does that mean this one solo expansion is intended for both AtB and SoS? Or even future eastern front games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.