8 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Storing Painted Minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have finished painting and sealing a lot of minis for this game. Is it safe to store them all together in a bag? I would rather not spend a lot of time figuring out a storing solution if they will be fine just tossing them in a bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on your risk tolerance and you desire to keep them perfect.

I store my painted minis in bunches in zip locks. They are doing fine. But I trust my painting process leaves a very hard to damage finish. I'm not sure about yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
It depends on your risk tolerance and you desire to keep them perfect.

I store my painted minis in bunches in zip locks. They are doing fine. But I trust my painting process leaves a very hard to damage finish. I'm not sure about yours.

May I ask what your finishing process is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am not really an expert and don't have much of a process. I sprayed a couple coats of a clear sealant on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ours are individually painted. Sticking them back in bags did a lot of noticeable damage to the paintwork. Once we had foam storage, the models were touched up and they have been fine ever since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
Patriarchxyz wrote:
Ours are individually painted. Sticking them back in bags did a lot of noticeable damage to the paintwork. Once we had foam storage, the models were touched up and they have been fine ever since.

Thanks for this reply. Did you seal them prior to storing them in the bags?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Flynn
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foam storage all the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
savedbyhim01 wrote:
Patriarchxyz wrote:

Thanks for this reply. Did you seal them prior to storing them in the bags?

No, as they were painted in stages, but finally sealed once they had all been touched up and the foam was available.

Although this sounds like extra effort, it was very easy to correct the bag damage, compared to painting them from scratch in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.