Subject: Leader demobilization during siege rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitris Paraskevopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

What happens during demobilization to a leader with 2 subordinate leaders in case they don't want to break a siege.

Do you have to roll a die only for the commander or for everyone?
If you roll only for the commander , does subordinate leaders count as regular units to the retaining units limit?

Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott de Brestian
United States
Mt. Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The commander can maintain a siege by making the die roll. Subordinates, however, must demobilize. Armies were hard to maintain over winter.

16.2 second bullet seems clear that this only applies to ranking leaders. Is there something that suggested subordinates could remain on the map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Paraskevopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my example Manuel sieges Damascus along with another Byzantine and a crusader leader as subordinates.

I guess that Manuel makes a battle rating roll to remain with 3 units outside Damascus during winter, Crusader stays as well (no demobilization for crusaders) and the other Byzantine leaders demobilizes regardless of the result of the die roll , isn't it?

If this is right, does the Crusader leader counts as the 1 of the 3 units that Manuel is allowed to retain?

Can Manuel retain the other Byzantine ruler in place of a unit?

I hope my question is understandable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.