Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Barnhouse
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm enjoying the game, however had a few questions about the University Card...

The iconography on the University Card and the associated actions in the rulebook don't match up with how they are defined for Transformer actions in the core game.

The icon used for the 'spend 3 insanity cards' matches that of swap two visible portals in the core game and yet the English rulebook says that the action is to 'Reorder one of your portals.'

The icon used for the 'spend 5 insanity cards' matches that of draw three and discard one in the core game and yet the English rulebook says that the action is to 'Discard X cards, take X cards from the trash.'

Is the intent for us to play the text definition of the action in the rulebook OR interpret the icon action based on how it is defined in the core game when interacting with a Transformer? Was this a potential language translation error when localising the rulebook for English?

Also, with regard to 'take X cards from the trash', does that mean take any X cards from the trash (like with the Recycle action) or the top X cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MuseLament wrote:
I'm enjoying the game, however had a few questions about the University Card...

The iconography on the University Card and the associated actions in the rulebook don't match up with how they are defined for Transformer actions in the core game.

The icon used for the 'spend 3 insanity cards' matches that of swap two visible portals in the core game and yet the English rulebook says that the action is to 'Reorder one of your portals.'

The icon used for the 'spend 5 insanity cards' matches that of draw three and discard one in the core game and yet the English rulebook says that the action is to 'Discard X cards, take X cards from the trash.'

Is the intent for us to play the text definition of the action in the rulebook OR interpret the icon action based on how it is defined in the core game when interacting with a Transformer? Was this a potential language translation error when localising the rulebook for English?

Also, with regard to 'take X cards from the trash', does that mean take any X cards from the trash (like with the Recycle action) or the top X cards?

Here are answers:
- for University card icon you need to use definition from expansion (transformers actions stays the same like in core game)
- X from the trash of your choice

hope it helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Barnhouse
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Filip.

Are there any plans to publish a PDF version of the expansion rules? I'm concerned with the constant unfolding/re-folding that my rules sheet is going to wear out pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MuseLament wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, Filip.

Are there any plans to publish a PDF version of the expansion rules? I'm concerned with the constant unfolding/re-folding that my rules sheet is going to wear out pretty quickly.

Shure thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Barnhouse
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking to see if it would be possible to get a PDF copy of the rules for this expansion?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MuseLament wrote:
Just checking to see if it would be possible to get a PDF copy of the rules for this expansion?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I just submmited PDF file to BGG page for expansion - I think in 1day or 2 it will be aprooved by admins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Barnhouse
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic--thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.