Subject: Funny game categorization on Amazon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
I was browsing around Amazon's Black Friday deals and I clicked on the "War and Strategy" category in games. The first game listed was Candy Land: Disney Princess Edition. Strange, considering Candy Land is one of the few games I can think of that has absolutely zero strategy.

P.S. The item description describes it as "100% toy." Not sure what that means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Baker
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that 100% toy means it doesn't contain any candy, or princesses. But as for the listing under Strategy, I'm perplexed as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worlord wrote:
I think that 100% toy means it doesn't contain any candy, or princesses. But as for the listing under Strategy, I'm perplexed as well.

It is a pure strategy game. Someone who knows how to stack the deck will beat someone who doesn't know how to stack the deck, 100% of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
worlord wrote:

It is a pure strategy game. Someone who knows how to stack the deck will beat someone who doesn't know how to stack the deck, 100% of the time.

It's not a deck builder???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jdaly72 wrote:
Strange, considering Candy Land is one of the few games I can think of that has absolutely zero strategy.

Maybe the Disney Princess edition adds layers of strategy (and war, apparently) that base Candy Land was lacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.