5 Posts

Kemet: Ta-Seti» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Playing with black, What color to drop? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I have played over 5 games with black already from 2 to 4 players, the more I play the more I realize that the decision on what to pick depends on what the others pick, I try to have at least 1 color that has low competition.

That said I try to never drop white I have found that for my playstile white is the color I cannot do without, even if sometimes I dont go beyond level 2.

Hence my usual setup is either 1W 2B 0U or 1W 2B 0R

Round 1 - 1: my preferred first 2 moves are Dark Ritual (6) and Priest (5 plus 3 for the free prayer) (priestess are usually gone in my playgroups).

If playing with blue and available I like bumping from 0 to 2 (5 pp left) and take elephant (3pp) and the 2PP temple so I start round 2 with 7 again.

If playing with red I usually bump to 3, and teleport to a 3pp or 5pp temple, waiting to grab a tier 3 red tile the turn after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel N
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't know. I have never bought a blue tile and I have always won Kemet with mostly white and red tiles, and maybe one or two black tiles... From my experience blue is useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gns000 wrote:
From my experience blue is useless.

That all depends on your, and your group's, play style.

I think the ability to have troops of 7 is extremely strong if you're going for direct attacks and not trying to spread the map, scoring little and often. The elephant with it's strong defensive value means you can hold temples a lot longer than with other creatures, too. I like blue.

I would generally swap out red for black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Blue is an acquired taste IMHO. It's often overlooked which means that you will have less of a competition on it, the elephant in the first turn costs the same as a teleport, nets you a temple in which you are at st 6 defending with makes you less of a likely target early game and makes your that troop last longer. 7 unit troops has lots of synergy with low cost black tiles such as forced recruitment and mercenaries too.

It's definitely stronger the more players are in the game as it offers a less contested power tree and makes you a less likely target which is a value on its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rivea
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
If you get legion, then push your blue pyramid to four you get the Sphyinx for an extra perm victory point and a 9 base battle value. With defense you can have a 10 point army in turn two!

(Up your black to level 2. If you get Twin Ceremony and Priestess, you can buy two blue tiles in your second turn). Be sure to grab them mercs! Having 15 units with legion makes you a burly beast for anyone attacking you and really, it will take at least to round 3 for them to even possibly get near 10 base attack value.

(Blue, Black, White) You can flesh that out with Honor in Battle, Trap thingy and then the Kunum sphynx or the other Sphyinx which let's you teleport from obelisks! (That one should be used on the 5 p temple for sure and attack other temples at random)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.