Grand Austria Hotel» Forums » General

Subject: Is there a German version without errors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jautz
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
I would like to buy the German version of the game but without the errors from the first edition.
So is there a German version without errors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where there errors then?
Only things I know of is the names not being translated to English for the English version. And names using a rather small font.

Only addition (besides translating names and a bigger font) is a number being added on the cards, but they didn't sort them by number in the rulebook so not that handy Imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jautz
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
On the backside of one playerboard a wallpaper doesn't match the color of one door.
And some of the emperor tiles are printed upside down as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spukky wrote:
Only things I know of is the names not being translated to English for the English version. And names using a rather small font.
And too "artistic", something less calligraphic and easier to read would be nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
Spukky wrote:
And too "artistic", something less calligraphic and easier to read would be nice

2nd edition is out and that is one of the changes made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no "first edition with errors." Part of the first run - those that were delivered to Essen 2014 - had the board error, which was discovered quickly and was subject to swapouts as much as possible onsite. Those that hit stores were (believed to be) fine; the current printing is fine.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
There's no "first edition with errors." Part of the first run - those that were delivered to Essen 2014 - had the board error, which was discovered quickly and was subject to swapouts as much as possible onsite. Those that hit stores were (believed to be) fine; the current printing is fine.

Alex Yeager

Hmm, I bought my copy months later in a Dutch shop and it has the error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jautz
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
AlexYeager wrote:

Alex Yeager

I asked Lookout about a year ago and they told me that only the German edition was affected by these errors. Other languages didn't have them. And at that time they weren't sure if and when a corrected GERMAN version would be available. So I thought maybe a year later there is new information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.