Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this controlling the ground traffic, as opposed to air traffic?

It looks intriguing, but hopefully there will be a revision to the rules explaining more fully what is happening. A walk-through of a turn or two may help also, the present example isn't explained well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kremer
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd give it a mix between the two. While Air Traffic is cool there did not seem to be a game on the ground traffic (my favorite part of the Flight Simulator games... and landing ) Since a lot goes into the work at an airport I thought it'd be interesting to create a game about the ground work. That said; YES ground traffic controller would be a better title.

I will be gone for the next two months (from the internet :\) though there should be some Internet Cafes/libraries I can use. The rules are extremely short and brief, but maybe they should be expanded with some better examples. I am sorry that it is not explained very well. When I released the game at first I had very little outside interest (it all looks good and well in your head!) Now that I am bringing it to a more specific audience I need to work on it so that it works better .

Thanks for the post, I will see what I can do about the rule adjustment and examples; maybe a name change heh .

-Evilnames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tower does indeed control air traffic but within the vicinity of the aerodrome. The tower frequency handles takeoffs and landings. Ground of course handles all ground traffic from the smallest electric vehicle to 747s.

Then if you want to get particular, these services are further subdivided into:

- Ground
- Departure
- Arrival
- Apron
- Clearance Delivery

I don't think the latter 4 would be relevant except for a flight simulation type computer game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know about this game. I wish there were some images. I find it curious in that controlling traffic is not really a brain cracker. Rather, the challenge is to do it in real time. I wouldn't have thought that this subject would become a boardgame. Is there a timer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kremer
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is free so you can go ahead and download it straight off boardgamegeek. (check the file section for this game.) The game is more a logic puzzle, trying to manage aircraft on the tarmac while only being able to move one piece at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.