Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that we can use the interrupt tile to stop spells. Can it be used also to prevent the other two options during the spell casting phase: selling to the High Council and recharging an interrupt tile?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interrupt Tiles are never used to stop spells or prevent another player from doing anything. They're simply used to make a transaction after another player's "Cast a Spell" phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! We got that wrong. I thought it seemed extremely powerful to stop a spell and then get a free transaction.

In another thread I also noticed that we only allowed one interrupt and that went clockwise around the table to the first person who used his interrupt.

This will make things much more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
kevruth wrote:
Wow! We got that wrong. I thought it seemed extremely powerful to stop a spell and then get a free transaction.

In another thread I also noticed that we only allowed one interrupt and that went clockwise around the table to the first person who used his interrupt.

This will make things much more fun.

Yeah, having your spells canceled would be no fun at all!

The interrupts just allow you to make a transaction when it's not your turn. It's still powerful to have active, as it can give you an "out" if someone casts an unexpected spell that is about to ruin the value of your holdings, or it can just plain allow you to make a transaction at a more opportune time than was available during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So when does the interrupt take place? After the spell is carried out or before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
kevruth wrote:
So when does the interrupt take place? After the spell is carried out or before?

After the player announces what they're doing with the spell, but before the spell actually takes effect. So, essentially right after the "Cast a Spell" phase, and just before the following phase where you execute the current Future Card.

So, if someone plays the spell that freezes trade in a potion, and announces trade Frog Juice is going to be frozen, you could jump in and trade Frog Juice before the spell takes effect.

Or, if you're holding a bunch of Goblin Whiz, and someone reverses an expected increase in value of Goblin Whiz to a decrease, you could jump in and sell Goblin Whiz before the price unexpectedly plummets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.